United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a great experience playing!
But now we have questions...

Card Text- In general are card text effects constant and effecting all player cards.

Example - Card F93 - Victoria Loft
"During the refresh phase, insane characters cannot be restored."
This would be for all players as long as this card was in-play and not insane, correct?

In the rule, page 6, under For the First Game.
"..and adding one of the two neutral card packets (f141-f148 and f148-f154)."

There are not two f148 cards. Is this a typo? Should it be
141-147 & 148-154? What about f155?

Looking at the "Detailed Turn Sequence" (page13)
Can Event Cards be played any phase when it has "Actions may be taken". Timing rules apply. For non-Operation phases - event cards are the only cards that can be played during these phases?

If you had an uncontested character with a investigation icon on a story, would that character gain you 3 success tokens for that story?

For the resolution of the Story:Arcane Struggle - if no characters on either side have Arcane Icons but one side has a character has "fast". Would that side win the struggle and benefit? I assume not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dturnerfish wrote:
We had a great experience playing!
But now we have questions...

Card Text- In general are card text effects constant and effecting all player cards.

Example - Card F93 - Victoria Loft
"During the refresh phase, insane characters cannot be restored."
This would be for all players as long as this card was in-play and not insane, correct?

Correct. (Although note Victoria's Loft is a location and can't go insane, at least not under any circumstances that I know of).

dturnerfish wrote:

Probably a typo. It doesn't really matter which neutral cards you use. You can just pick any group of 10 neutral cards you want to round your deck up to the required 50 cards.

dturnerfish wrote:

Looking at the "Detailed Turn Sequence" (page13)
Can Event Cards be played any phase when it has "Actions may be taken". Timing rules apply. For non-Operation phases - event cards are the only cards that can be played during these phases?

Yes, events can generally be played any time actions may be taken (unless the card says otherwise, such as "Play only during your own operations phase.") The other thing that you can do during action steps is to use actions or responses listed on cards in play, again unless they say otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dturnerfish wrote:
If you had an uncontested character with a investigation icon on a story, would that character gain you 3 success tokens for that story?

Yes, assuming the character's skill is greater than 0. (If the character has a 0 skill or a skill that has been reduced to zero by some effect, you would only get 1 success for the investigation struggle.)

dturnerfish wrote:

For the resolution of the Story:Arcane Struggle - if no characters on either side have Arcane Icons but one side has a character has "fast". Would that side win the struggle and benefit? I assume not.

No, you have to have at least 1 icon of the appropriate type to win a struggle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Brad!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow up question, what i fyou run out of cards?

Can this even happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Quote:
what i fyou run out of cards?

Can this even happen?
It can happen and the rulebook states that if you run out of cards your opponent is the automatic winner. What I can't find is the maximum number of cards allowed in a deck. I know that fifty is the minimum, but can decks be as large as ones collection allows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
jason718 wrote:
Quote:

Can this even happen?
It can happen and the rulebook states that if you run out of cards your opponent is the automatic winner. What I can't find is the maximum number of cards allowed in a deck. I know that fifty is the minimum, but can decks be as large as ones collection allows?

Yes, there is no upward limit to the number of cards you can have in your deck. The deck just becomes diluted the more cards you add, so it is generally advisable to stay as close to the minimum as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jason718 wrote:
Quote:

Can this even happen?

Yes, but the more cards you have, the less likely it is to find the one card you really want obviously.

In the base game, the Yog-location that destroys your deck can really hurt (Unless you're playing Shub, in which case it might actually help you out a lot if you react fast enough).

Hmmm, I've never tried playing Yog-Shub and purposely eating through my own deck to fill my discard pile..... Gotta try that one of these days...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tempus42 wrote:
dturnerfish wrote:

Probably a typo. It doesn't really matter which neutral cards you use. You can just pick any group of 10 neutral cards you want to round your deck up to the required 50 cards.

As there are only 20 cards per faction and 15 neutral cards, it's impossible to build two decks of 50 cards with 2 factions and neutral cards, with only one core set. Right? I don't have the game.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyjam wrote:
As there are only 20 cards per faction and 15 neutral cards, it's impossible to build two decks of 50 cards with 2 factions and neutral cards, with only one core set. Right? I don't have the game.
Thanks.

14 Neutrals. Yeah, with just the base game, you get 2 decks of 47 cards. Won't know the difference though, games should still end before the deck runs out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
Those who know do not speak.
badge
Those who speak do not know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Pyjam wrote:
Thanks.

14 Neutrals. Yeah, with just the base game, you get 2 decks of 47 cards. Won't know the difference though, games should still end before the deck runs out.

I'm trying to set this up for the first time, and am really not sure how to fairly distribute the single conspiracy card. As mentioned above, we can create two even decks of 47 cards. Should I just add it as a neutral and deal 7 neutrals to each player, with one left over?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fixed the problem easily: I bought 2 copies of the game.

Another solution is to draft the neutral cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.