Subject: Tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Westbrock
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find warcaster-specific token to be in valuable while playing. It helps me and my opponent remember what upkeep spells are on what models. I find it frustrating when my opponent doesn't use something to mark upkeep spells since I have to trust that they are playing fair (which I normally don't mind) but it also means that I have to remember what model has what spell on it, too.

I like the (now discontinued) Gale Force 9 tokens that were 'caster specific but you could almost make your own on photo paper at home, you'd just have to replace them every so often.

I would say that if you are going to buy token that you get the ones for your 'casters, otherwise it's kind of a waste. The sets come with focus tokens but I ended up using glass beads since the tokens looked too much like the spell counters. I play Menoth so the fire tokens are nice to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the GF9 tokens, and find them to be invaluable.
Simply get the token sets for the 'casters you like to play, and possib ly the Troop token set for each faction, and you should have more than enough to keep track of just about anything.

That said, if you want to save your dime, like the above poster stated, it's just as easy to make your own and just print them off. I've seen several home-made tokens, and some of note were clear glass beads with simple symbols painted on the bottom so that the image couls be seen from above at a glance. Pennies, dice, or anything you can find and mark-up will do.

At any rate, I would suggest getting, or making some tokens. They make book-keeping and knowing which upkeep spells are on whom will make life much easier for both you, and your opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Handy, but not necessary.

I made my own. Printed some up on a color printer, and glued them to "scrabble" tiles.Then hit them with a coat or two of sealant.

Why "scrabble" tiles you ask? When I went to the craft store, the tiles with letters on them were cheaper than the blank ones.

Maybe not as flashy as the GF9 ones, but they were cheap, and should last a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.