Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Miller
Australia
Upwey
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No my wife is not a cheerleader, but talk about a co-operation - yeah right! If it wasn't for the fact that we messed up first time around the world would be one biological hell hole.

After reading about the game on these boards I finally got around to getting it today and we played 2 games after dinner. Interesting game but as I said we managed to mess up first time around. Note to self read rules properly before running off half baked and playing it .Our mistakes included only drawing one infection card all the time and dropping a research station wherever we wanted without having the proper card.

The second game, after another reading of the rules, ensured the game was a bit more challenging and the co-operation level well it did go up to I'm doing this and you are going to be doing thisdevil and yes in ensuring that we get to play another game I obeyed.

We didn't manage to eradicate the diseases but we did get the cures though we were down to the last few player cards.

My other half just wanted to get the little colored cubes off the board and it took a little convincing that it was not necessary to eradicate only to get the cure.

One sore point was the use of particular cards to fly to a location. While I didn't count the cards I did get a sense when a few of a particular color had been disposed off which would make it harder to get the right card to get the cure. However we managed to get the ones we needed on this occasion.

Overall we enjoyed the game and are likely to play it when we need a shorter game to play. It took us about an hour for each game so we would expect that this time will decrease as we become more proficient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you needed to be fully baked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Norwood
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Come visit me at GamerChris.com for all sorts of chewy, gamery goodness!
mbmbmbmbmb
With two players, I can usually knock out a game in 25 minutes (or less if we get our butts kicked).

I assume that you were playing with only 4 Epidemics in the deck, and I'd recommend that you move up to 5 pretty quickly to get a better feel for the true challenge of the game.

Keep having fun with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Klein
Germany
Schoenaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you obviously like "Heroes" and Pandemic, you might as well try my Heroes role cards you can find here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/34121 and tell me how you liked them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I must think over my position and how I may improve it.
mb
My girl friend is the same way...she wants to eradicate all the diseases before we stop. Her reasoning: "it's too messy." What's with that??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused. I don't see anything about a cheerleader in your review..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
Australia
Upwey
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reference is to the show Heros. It was just a line that popped into my head when I started writing the session report It is a bit like if I get rid of certain player hangups the bame will be oh so much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.