Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this game last night after buying it for next to nothing on Amazon. I'm a big fan of the Mystery Rummy games and I play them quite often. So, I was hoping to add another to the arsenal of Mystery Rummy games. I know that this one is very light and wouldn't be comparable to the others, but I was a little disappointed by how simplistic it is. There just didn't seem to be enough opportunity to build points quickly (with a shut-out for instance; something that all the others feature).

Then I got to thinking...was there originally more to this game, but it got slimmed down a bit to fit in with the target "non gamer, History Channal fan" type of audience?

So, I was trying to think up some variant that would spice it up a little. Maybe by coming up with a shut-out idea. Or perhaps by introducing a way that cards could be played on their sides, counting as both Fact and Fiction (or neither).

I'm not saying it's a bad game. I like it for what it's worth. But I was hoping it would have been more like the others. Maybe if I can up with something, I'll post a variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the game was stripped of any complexity. It has never been part of the Mystery Rummy line - of which we have so far seen 6 titles, and a couple more have been rumored over the past 10 years.

Personally I think the game is a fine introductory game. If I am playing with skilled players I will take out one of the 6 MR games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.