Tide of Iron: Designer Series Vol. 1» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Nice battle of Bloody Lindern rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bert Claessen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this scenario from the Designer scenarios.

It was a nice and tight battle, and seemed balanced with the right play. The Americans started caution vs the german defended town, eyeing the double machineguns in the middle big building covering the roads and a Panzer shelling the hill.

The Germans attacked more aggressive sending guys in the woods to surround the middle wood where an american patrol was sitting. A lucky mortar roll disrupted the american mortars long enough for squads to make an encirclement and with the entrance of the Tiger the Germans broke trough. The Shermans did some serious damage, including eliminating the machinepost in the house, but it took too long for them to advance to the victory points when germany broke trough.

Germany won turn 5.

Conclusion:
Scenario seems quite balanced, if players realise the purpose of the groups. The Americans have a numeral advantage in their outside division and should abuse it, taking some losses to break trough.
The Germans should play aggressive as well to conquer their midsection.
Camouflage is a strong weapon for the germans, use it to spread out and encircle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spell check, spell check, spell check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the reviewer did quite well considering that English is most likely a second language to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
bentenrai wrote:
I think the reviewer did quite well considering that English is most likely a second language to him.

Besides not being a review, but a poorly written session report, thumbing his own thread and post is also lame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Claessen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malvictis wrote:
bentenrai wrote:

Besides not being a review, but a poorly written session report, thumbing his own thread and post is also lame.

First of all I am quite new to using this site and didnt exactly know what the thumbs are.

Second of all: this is posted under SESSIONS, not reviews. I tried to post as much as possible, sorry for me not being a good writer. At least BGG accepted it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malvictis wrote:
bentenrai wrote:

It's a review of a gaming session. You can split hairs all day long and any way you like. What is lame is this was this members FIRST Session Report and instead of giving him constructive criticism you belittle him. Class, real class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E K
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bert Claessen: Good tips for the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bentenrai wrote:
Malvictis wrote:
bentenrai wrote:

It's a review of a gaming session. You can split hairs all day long and any way you like. What is lame is this was this members FIRST Session Report and instead of giving him constructive criticism you belittle him. Class, real class.

I have to agree with the last comment. Really don't understand why anyone felt the need to discourage Bert Claessen from posting again. Hope he's above this!Keep up the good work and thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
msg tools
mb
The Americans have Camouflage, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.