United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Age of Conan the moment Coolstuff had it available, threw the WoW coffin box game with it to qualify for free shipping, and after talking a very helpful employee, I was able to add some games that I had ordered in January that were being help up by the release of Tales of Arabian Nights. That alone was pretty good service - but it got better.

So I got my games and I immediatly opened AoC first and started drooling over the components, then I noticed that one of the corners of the box was seriously caved in. And by seriously caved in it looked like someone had rested the corner on the pavement then pushed down as hard as they could. While the components were fine, I was a bit dismayed since I have a few OCD issues when it comes to my games.

I checked online to see what their policy on returns entailed, and I was further dismayed by seeing that they only accepted items still in their original wrapping. Regardless, I sent an email out to them to see what they could do for me.

Literally minutes later, I was told that they would be sending me out a replacement copy, free of charge. I responded asking them if they wanted the original game back, and the further let me know that it was mine to keep, to gift off, or keep for parts, or whatever.

Today I received my replacement copy, in shrink, and in perfect shape.

Thank you Coolstuffinc, you earned a customer for life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Coolstuffinc...had nothing but good experiences with them. I also really like that movie Pay It Forward. Please mail me your spare copy and I will in turn do something nice for someone else. And thus begins an awesome chain of people doing nice stuff...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Kat
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. My Conan from CoolStuff had the same smashed corner.

Just curious, looking at the top of the box, was it the bottom right corner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigkat wrote:
Interesting. My Conan from CoolStuff had the same smashed corner.

Just curious, looking at the top of the box, was it the bottom right corner?

Upper right. And it wasn't a minor ding either - think smooshed flat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI is cool and I don't mean the show. I've ordered from them, good prices, good communication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a last-minute switch from Game Outfitters to Cool Stuff Inc. when GO raised its prices about a week before I was going to place a pretty big order. I've made a few orders with CSI since then and haven't had occasion to regret them — they ship fast, their free-shipping-over-$100 deal is fantastic because I tend to buy several things at a time, and you get a bigger discount the more stuff you buy. I'm very happy with them, and it's good to know they're on the up-and-up when it comes to damage and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donna Silverman
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I have always had SPECTACULAR service from coolstuffinc. I haven't been making big game orders lately, but a huge percentage of my collection was from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also had great service from Coolstuff. The same thing happened when I ordered Leonardo da Vinci, although the damage to the box was nowhere near as severe as you had with your AoC. I called them and they said they'd ship a new one free of charge. Awesome customer service and their customer loyalty program isn't half bad either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Muskegon
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Coolstuffinc is the best.

I think undeadviking has passed all us other Coolstuff groupies and has become their official spokeman

Long live free shipping!

BTW: do you enjoy Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game enough for the price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Mageau
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my blog at www.rollingboxcars.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have spent countless hundreds of dollars with Cool Stuff Inc. and have had nothing but impeccable service!

thumbsupthumbsup for Coolstuffinc.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skipster13 wrote:

Coolstuffinc is the best.

I think undeadviking has passed all us other Coolstuff groupies and has become their official spokeman

Long live free shipping!

BTW: do you enjoy Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game enough for the price?

I have definitly gotten my mileage out of the game. It is quite excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made all of my major game purchases through them. They have great prices, a $100 free shipping threshold and awesome customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Jones
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
I have ordered twice from Coolstuff and both times the service was excellent. Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you doing with the beat up copy?
I'm interested if you're looking to get rid of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lake Giles
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm lucky- Coolstuffinc's store is like 10minutes from my house! Their service is just as good in-store as it is online

I'm glad to hear other people have had good luck with them as well

Sun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Parkin
United States
Sanford
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that!
However, on a Saturday afternoon the place is quite croweded and noisy (filled with CCG gamers).
CoolStuffInc prices beat all others on the Internet and the supply is awesome.
Being in close proximity affords me the special pleasure of browsing the warehouse (think "Kid in a candy store")!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bappert
United States
Woodstock
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have received 3 orders from them so far , I don't even shop around anymore unless they don't have what I want in stock. very fast shipping, free shipping, always get mint condition games, and many people to testify if there is a problem they always make it right! what more could you ask for ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay wulkowicz
United States
California
flag msg tools
My conan box from them was beat up to, didnt even think about contacting them. Probably to late now, but thanks for the heads up. Got my pre-order of small world with them so good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay wulkowicz
United States
California
flag msg tools
Wow, I'm in shock. I just got back to my desk and had a voice mail waiting for me from coolstuffinc. They wanted to replace my copy with a new one. All I did was add to this post here and they saw it and responded directly to me. With a phone call. That is amazing customer service. Unbelievable. That was like a 30 min turn around time from post to call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay wulkowicz
United States
California
flag msg tools
Just to finish out my story, i received my replacement copy today. It is in perfect condition and demanding to be played.
Once again, thank you Coolstuffinc. Outstanding customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.