Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Babel13 is defect. The two New York punchboards look like someone punched out the tiles with a hammer, and have sharp curled up edges on the back wich have peeled off in a couple of places.

Unfortunately I have e-mailed Portal Publishing, through the e-mail on their Web site, thrice now, including Ignacy Trzewiczek directly once, but still no reply.

I'm starting to get a bit miffed, and was hoping that someone on the Geek would please help me get in touch with them, or should I instead turn to my retailer and ask him for a replacement copy of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
My copy of Babel13 is defect. The two New York punchboards look like someone punched out the tiles with a hammer, and have sharp curled up edges on the back wich have peeled off in a couple of places.

Unfortunately I have e-mailed Portal Publishing, through the e-mail on their Web site, thrice now, including Ignacy Trzewiczek directly once, but still no reply.

I'm starting to get a bit miffed, and was hoping that someone on the Geek would please help me get in touch with them, or should I instead turn to my retailer and ask him for a replacement copy of the game?

I'm wondering if they changed email addresses or something. I tried emailing Ignacy a few times back in December with no response. Or maybe went out of business?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I'm wondering if they changed email addresses or something. I tried emailing Ignacy a few times back in December with no response. Or maybe went out of business?

Let's hope they're still in business. I will really think twice about purchasing a Portal release in the future though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
ScottE wrote:

Let's hope they're still in business. I will really think twice about purchasing a Portal release in the future though.

They are still in business. I just doubt they're as enthusiastic for customers who want to get refund as they are for people who want to buy stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
MichallusTG wrote:
They are still in business. I just doubt they're as enthusiastic for customers who want to get refund as they are for people who want to buy stuff.

LOL! I don't want a refund though, I just want a playable copy of the game, but I hear you. Poor customer service though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
LOL! I don't want a refund though, I just want a playable copy of the game

Doesn't matter for them. As long as you're not happy with what they have provided you, the reaction is fairly the sa-

Wait.
Yokiboy wrote:
the game

Sorry for OOC, but I just lost the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pleased to report that Rafał at Portal came through with a promise of replacements being in the mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
I am pleased to report that Rafał at Portal came through with a promise of replacements being in the mail.

The replacements reached me today. I'm very pleased that I can finally give the New York army a try on the battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.