Popular Tags: [View All]
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperial Entanglements

Rebels vs Empire (& vice-versa)

Our Imperial Entanglements order was delayed for a couple of days, the shop owner said he had a price dispute with his suppliers. But all that meant was that we got them on our Gaming Night, in the afternoon to be precise. So, Gaming Night became Gaming Afternoon/Night, and a busy afternoon was had opening boosters, tearing open plastic pockets and sorting stat cards.

Many "ooo"’s and "arrrghh"’s later we were ready to game. cool

Common Set

From three cases, that’s 36 boosters, we had complete sets of Commons, Uncommons and Rares (a 12 booster case guarantees you all 8 Rares). Only 12 of the boosters were mine, yielding four of the Very Rares – Emperor Palpatine on Throne, Luke Skywalker Rebel Commando, Leia Bounty Hunter & Dash Rendar Smuggler. My friend form this two cases still did not complete the set and still misses Xizor and C-3P0 Ewok Deity (no loss on that one). The upshot of this meaning that the Very Rares are obviously not clustered

Uncommon Set

Our two games were far from competitive. While I did lose both games this was just a throw togther couple of games just to play some of the new pieces, thus lacking lots of synergy.

I played Empire first with the new Thrawn & Palpatine and the new Fringe along with Darth Vader Unleashed. What I wasn’t expecting was my opponent to field a 70% Super-Stealth squad. With the new Rieekan and Madine his squad was pretty competitive (I swear he did that knowing I was not going to play competitive) while I left out door control & Mas just to have fun with the new characters such as the Jawa, Ugnaught & Whiphid. It came down to most of his squad vs Vader & Palpatine. Vader was locked out of the room and Palpatine could do nothing due to the Mobile Attack.

The second game saw me playing Rebels. I didn’t want to run the same Commando squad back so ran the new Fringe pieces again with Bossk Bounty Hunter, Lando Hero of Tanaab and General Kota. My squad was better this time, and the new Mouse Droid is a great addition to the game - increases the area of Command Effects while not being as abusive as Mas Amedda. But alas, my dice rolling totally failed me. I failed to hit anyone with the new Leia, and a stupid tactical mistake, ignoring my advice from a couple of weeks back (stick to the plan), left my squad exposed. But my opponent was running the Thrawn swap with the New Arica (Mara Jade) with old Prince Xizor. Soon my squad was decimated, even Kota with his 23 defense didn't last. Bossk kept going to the end but was out-numbered. Fun game though.

First impressions of Imperial Entanglements are good, but I’ll probably write a review once I have all the pieces and have played more games with them. The sculpts and paint is pretty decent with only a couple of poor pieces (Arica & Leia), but I really like the Ewok, Whiphid, Twi’lek and Emperor Palpatine. And special mention for the Bacta Tank, what a great mini.

Game wise this set does change the balance of power. It makes the Rebels very competitive again while keeping the Empire strong. The choice between new & old Thrawn will be a tough one for many Imperial players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.