Popular Tags: [View All]
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wake Forest You Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Benak
Serbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not so loud, man. You'll wake the forest. shake

What did they do to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scivias wrote:
Not so loud, man. You'll wake the forest. shake

What did they do to you?

This.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recap?gid=2009032006...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you expect anything different? Now you weak florist alums can go back to what you are best at: Whining about Carolina.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I had Wake winning the first round, but I had Arizona taking out Wake in round two...SO not too painful...

Still, Wake sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't suck as bad as FSU who just beat North Carolina last week and can't even handle Wisconsin this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this was going to be about wake as in the funeral type and came ready to give my condolences. Now I just feel dumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go Cleveland State! That was awesome!

(OSU )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
I thought this was going to be about wake as in the funeral type and came ready to give my condolences. Now I just feel dumb.

Oh, there was a funeral alright. after the Killing they got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you didn't have them in the finals. Goodbye GeekGold... Goodbye Glory... soblue soblue soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hancock.tom wrote:
Did you expect anything different? Now you weak florist alums can go back to what you are best at: Whining about Carolina.

Well, WV alums had a bad ride on a little Red Flyer Wagon. So they can join Wake in their whining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thommy8 wrote:
At least you didn't have them in the finals. Goodbye GeekGold... Goodbye Glory... soblue soblue soblue

I knew better then that but I had hoped to see them play Lville.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I had Wake winning the first round, but I had Arizona taking out Wake in round two...SO not too painful...

Still, Wake sucks.

Pretty much everyone in the SABG brackets made the exact same pick. Still, way to let the ACC down, Wake. Everyone knows you can only dream of standing up to UNC & Duke (and even Maryland and NC State most years), but still, this was probably your one chance per decade to make it to the Sweet 16.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's time for baseball, people! Pitchers and catchers report soon and the national pastime is with us again!
mbmbmbmbmb
hancock.tom wrote:

Ahem!

Quote:
Dayton (11) 68
West Virginia (6) 60

Not that this Virginian would do anything as crass as mention the failings of the State University of our friendly neighbors to the west. No, no, nothing like that!

Besides, the Terps are still in, baby! And only one of three ACC schools still around after the first round! (Maybe the real message is the ACC, despite a seemingly great year, sucks.) Memphis may make short work of them, but at least I get to watch them play both games on the weekend. Pretty sweet after it was looking like they wouldn't make the tournament at all!

GO TERPS!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time in 20-some-odd years that Cleveland State has made it to the NCAA, and you begrudge us one win?

Not cool, man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't begrudge the win, but that doesn't change the fact that a mid-tier ACC team having a great year (ranked #1 at one point, IIRC) shouldn't lose to a team that hasn't made it in 20-odd years. To do so indicates a certain level of suckiness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
hancock.tom wrote:

Ahem!

Quote:
Dayton (11) 68
West Virginia (6) 60

Not that this Virginian would do anything as crass as mention the failings of the State University of our friendly neighbors to the west. No, no, nothing like that!

Besides, the Terps are still in, baby! And only one of three ACC schools still around after the first round! (Maybe the real message is the ACC, despite a seemingly great year, sucks.) Memphis may make short work of them, but at least I get to watch them play both games on the weekend. Pretty sweet after it was looking like they wouldn't make the tournament at all!

GO TERPS!!!

Ahem.

Turtles sink in Memphis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroZilla wrote:
First time in 20-some-odd years that Cleveland State has made it to the NCAA, and you begrudge us one win?

Not cool, man.

Kudos to Cleveland. They were the better team last night.

Just pissed at Wake who always does this crap. Put together a top tier team and blow it in the first and second rounds. At least give us a sweet 16 dance.

They did the same thing during the Duncan era when they got a #1 seed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edwards
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pretty sure this was a mis-post that belonged in the Wargame forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's time for baseball, people! Pitchers and catchers report soon and the national pastime is with us again!
mbmbmbmbmb
Prestonisnormal wrote:
Ahem.

Turtles sink in Memphis.

True dat. Too good a team, having too good a day.

But c'mon! I was just poking good natured fun at WVU, which is an ingrained reflex in Northern Virginia (not to mention taking Tom a little to task since given what his team did, I didn't see how he could mock the Deacons too much). I was completely pulling for Wake, just like I was for all the ACC schools in the tournament. If nothing else, it increases the chances that a team like the Terps can make the NCAAs with a .500 record in the conference (or even lower, like this year). But in general, I just like to see our conference do well in the tournament, whether Maryland is there or not. Sadly, this year has been a big disappointment so far. It did seem like a lot of the really good teams peaked too early, for some reason.

But I don't have anything but good feelings about this year's Maryland squad (unlike some recent years). They are not a particularly talented team and they lack size, quickness, and long-range shooting ability. But the team totally bought into Gary Williams' schemes and has overachieved all year (despite sometimes playing down to the ability of their opponent). Over the last 10 games or so, they have played so hard and so smart, that's it's been a pleasure to watch them. Even against Memphis, when they came up against a really good team having a great day, they continued to scrap right up to the end. Sometimes, you can really feel good about a team that sneaks into the tournament and, against all odds, manages to win 21 games. So hats off to the Terps. Hopefully, there will be some better athletes next year, so the talent can match the effort.

I also hope the ACC has another great regular season, with better results in the NCAA. And just for the record, I'm rooting big time for North Carolina and Duke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
SVan wrote:
They don't suck as bad as FSU who just beat North Carolina last week and can't even handle Wisconsin this week.

That was freakin' awesome! Thanks for the 3's Bohannon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, at least your alma mater made it this far. My undergrad school is playing in the Nobody Important Tournament (Penn State, left out of the NCAA even though they finished ahead of four Big Ten teams that got invites!). To be fair, my grad school alma mater did make it, but my Bobby Mo Colonials got ground up and spit out by my least favorite Big Ten school, Michigan State. All-in-all, though, not bad for a football school on the one hand and a small conference team on the other. I'll take it.

As for Wake, hey, this was just a practice run for them - they have a young team and I would not be surprised to see them as a preseason favorite to win the whole thing next year.

In other news, I went 8-0 today in my workplace brackets, raising me up to 30-10 overall, with all four Final Four, all eight Elite Eight, and 14 of my 16 Sweet Sixteen teams intact. If I can go 6-0 tomorrow, I may be back in the thick of things!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
Prestonisnormal wrote:
Ahem.

Turtles sink in Memphis.

True dat. Too good a team, having too good a day.

But c'mon! I was just poking good natured fun at WVU, which is an ingrained reflex in Northern Virginia (not to mention taking Tom a little to task since given what his team did, I didn't see how he could mock the Deacons too much). I was completely pulling for Wake, just like I was for all the ACC schools in the tournament. If nothing else, it increases the chances that a team like the Terps can make the NCAAs with a .500 record in the conference (or even lower, like this year). But in general, I just like to see our conference do well in the tournament, whether Maryland is there or not. Sadly, this year has been a big disappointment so far. It did seem like a lot of the really good teams peaked too early, for some reason.

But I don't have anything but good feelings about this year's Maryland squad (unlike some recent years). They are not a particularly talented team and they lack size, quickness, and long-range shooting ability. But the team totally bought into Gary Williams' schemes and has overachieved all year (despite sometimes playing down to the ability of their opponent). Over the last 10 games or so, they have played so hard and so smart, that's it's been a pleasure to watch them. Even against Memphis, when they came up against a really good team having a great day, they continued to scrap right up to the end. Sometimes, you can really feel good about a team that sneaks into the tournament and, against all odds, manages to win 21 games. So hats off to the Terps. Hopefully, there will be some better athletes next year, so the talent can match the effort.

I also hope the ACC has another great regular season, with better results in the NCAA. And just for the record, I'm rooting big time for North Carolina and Duke.

I was pulling for the Terps, Eagles and Seminoles. Duke and Carolina are tough to pull for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prestonisnormal wrote:
hancock.tom wrote:

Well, WV alums had a bad ride on a little Red Flyer Wagon. So they can join Wake in their whining.

Are you really ripping us for losing to Dayton, when you lost to Cleveland State?

I think maybe someone is still a little bitter from the last time WVU played fake worest?

Anyway I am an alum of both WVU and UNC, so I still have a team alive... for now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hancock.tom wrote:
Prestonisnormal wrote:
hancock.tom wrote:

Are you really ripping us for losing to Dayton, when you lost to Cleveland State?

I think maybe someone is still a little bitter from the last time WVU played fake worest?

Anyway I am an alum of both WVU and UNC, so I still have a team alive... for now!

I am ripping on you and the irony that you posted your comment while WV lost in a big upst as well (It was the only 6-11 upset this year). LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.