Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Example:

During your first turn, you take Caesar. At the beginning of your second turn, Columbus comes out. Can you take & play Columbus, use his power, and then replace him with Caesar later on ?

-T

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

I'm not convinced it would often (ever?) be a good idea, but it is legal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gibbs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With Columbus (specifically) I think it would/could be a good idea. IIRC he is a one shot leader, that basically gets you a free colonisation. Once he's done that, he's no longer useful.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dagibbs wrote:
With Columbus (specifically) I think it would/could be a good idea. IIRC he is a one shot leader, that basically gets you a free colonisation. Once he's done that, he's no longer useful.


This is true, but by the time you wait for Columbus to get down to the low end of the track, and take him, and play him, and then get your colony, and then get Caesar out, you're going to be approaching the end of Age I anyway. I think I'd rather take Columbus but plan to play him near the end of Age I or beginning of Age II.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Yes.

I'm not convinced it would often (ever?) be a good idea, but it is legal.

Here's how I might play it. I'd pick up Columbus, but keep Caesar in play for the card flow. Without Caesar, you are less likely to get a really good colony. So putting Columbus in play BEFORE you get any colonies is a bad idea. Once Caesar dies of old age, you can drop Columbus down and hope for a good Age II territory, or drop a decent Age I one. Then pick up a good Age II leader and you're set!

Edit: David beat me to it, but sounds like the same plan...

DaviddesJ wrote:
This is true, but by the time you wait for Columbus to get down to the low end of the track, and take him, and play him, and then get your colony, and then get Caesar out, you're going to be approaching the end of Age I anyway. I think I'd rather take Columbus but plan to play him near the end of Age I or beginning of Age II.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.