Phil Thron
United States
Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to post a quick note to thank Thaadd Powell over at Fantasy Flight Games for some nice and swift customer service.

I'd recently bought Runebound (Second Edition) (which I'm absolutely loving) and I happened to have a set with the faded dice (most notable in the Plains icon). I emailed the company and received a quick reply from Thaadd mentioning that some sets have this problem and that he'd send out a replacement set. A few days later...today...I received the new set and couldn't be more pleased.

It's always nice to post about a positive experience, so I wanted to take the moment to put it here. Great games and a great company.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
flakybiscuit
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thaadd is a she, not a he, and I too have always had great customer service experiences with Fantasy Flight Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boon Kai Keefe Pang
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
flakybiscuit wrote:
Thaadd is a she, not a he, and I too have always had great customer service experiences with Fantasy Flight Games.

Think it might be good to get a Thaadd microbadge with a female logo beside her face, to indicate her gender. Seems like a number of people do mistake her to be a male. Any help from the Admin stuff? Thaadd is a great member of the boardgame community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
flakybiscuit wrote:

I did not know Thaad was a woman; having known a male Thad as a boy, I thought it a variant of that name.

Still she's always been helpful and informative to me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thron
United States
Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flakybiscuit wrote:

Good to know...sorry about that, Thaadd. You were nice enough that you deserve the correct personal pronoun. blush I too thought the spelling was merely a variation on the name.

I think in the future I'll write in more of a gender-neutral style. "Thaadd mentioned that the replacement dice would be sent out in the next post."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rose
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had two wonderful experiences with Fantasy Flight Games. I bought descent well of darkness right before it became hard to find for awhile before the reprint. I opened it up and noticed that i had two figures of the same hero and was missing one. I noticed that on his website someone else had had a similar problem so i emailed them and within about three business days I had recieved a new hero figuring. They didn't charge me anything for shipping or convience.

Then I recieved Twilight of the Imperium for Christmas as I opened it and started assembling it. I noticed that three of my ships were damaged. I remembered about how I had had such great service from them from before so I emailed them with my problem. Again they didn't whine or act put out for inconvience. Instead again within three business days I recieved three new ships. I was already a customer for life because of their great service from before and the fact that they make the types of games that I love (lots of peices).

I am more then willing to pay a little extra for one of thier games because I know if it has problems they will take care of me as a customer. I don't know of any other board game company that does this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thaadd rules. She helped me out with both Battlelore and Descent components that were missing/destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thhaadd is really her name? A friend and I always used that name for our barbarian characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, she is going to feature in a Descent expansion soon, as an 'avatar'. An overlord will bear her name.sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She already is in RtL. They are just making a mini for the set now instead of the cardboard marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokelau
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thaad the Destroyer is a Lieutenant of the Overlord in the Descent Road to Legend expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is great.
I have a copy of an old Wings of War game I bought used. I was inventorying the cards and found a couple were wrong. I found out that I had gotten an old copy that had a few cards misprinted from an old printing, and contacted FFG. The customer service rep dug up some of the old misprint replacement cards in thier desk, and promptly sent them to me!

For BSG, someone mentioned wanting a scan of a replacement admiral card, and FFG put one up within a couple days! (I dunno if they had been working on it earlier, but I do know I had checked thier webpage and it wasn't there, and then bang it was there after someone mentioned wanting one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E r i c k N. B o u c h a r d
Canada
Stoneham
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too : quality customer service at Fantasy Flight Games
I had a similar high quality customer service experience from FFG, twice, during both AT43 figures sales :

In December 2008, the Wraith Golgoth in my OPERATION DAMOCLES starter set had a broken cannon, and there was a misplacement of one Assault Golem box instead of an Assault Goliath box. FFG swiftly sent me a full Wraith Golgoth unit (with a container!) and an Assault Goliath box at no cost.

In March 2009, one unit box had two broken figures among six Wing Troopers; FFG offered me a full refund since it had none left in stock.

Buying online with confidence has never been as easy as with FFG! I'm still astounded at this and intend to keep on wasting my kids' college money on FFG's boardgames and figures in the future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Having had to turn to FFG a couple times for assistance, I'll add my voice to the chorus... Thaadd is great. She's professional and kind and always, but always, on the ball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Herold
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only had to contact FFG customer service once, which is a pretty good indication of general quality anyway, I think. I'd gotten an extra red Medic with Brood War, at the expense of a red Valkyrie. Filled out the form on their website, sent in my mailing address. Arrived within about 4 days.

Thaadd is awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thaadd is amazing. A real asset to FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ErikPeter Walker
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/145148/
badge
Expand
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
Thhaadd is really her name? A friend and I always used that name for our barbarian characters.

This thread is really strange to me since I've known Thaadd since we were teenagers.

Thaadd's not her really real name, but it's what she goes by in real life. If that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thadd is awesome. I had a my copy of "Through the Desert" for 2 years, and a few weeks ago a friend spilled coke all over it while playing. After drying everything off I was amazed to discover the board and chits were barely damaged. But I realized that in the confusion I'd lost a purple camel. Since the number of camels makes a different to gameplay, I sent an e-mail to FFG, and Thadd sent me a replacement immediately. Now I can keep happily playing "Through the Desert". Yay for great customers service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've twice needed to replace a component that was damaged when I bought a game and FFG came through without a hitch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hinsdale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another rave review for Thaadd after replacing a defective Marvel Heroes component!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.