Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
On Thursday, my family went to a nearby city for a doctors appointment for my daughter Ginger. After the appointment we went to fellow BGGer historysteph's house to return games that we had borrowed from her and to play another game or two. After we had played a game of Through the Desert, my daughter Ruth asked to play a game of Wits & Wagers.

The four players were Steph, my daughter Ruth, my wife Lynda, and me. After we set it up, I read the first question:"In the average bag of M&M's, what percentage are blue?"

I had no idea, and I wrote down a guess that was way off. All 4 guesses were too low, but Steph had the closest answer, winning three chips.

Question 2:"In what year did Fidel Castro come to power in Cuba?"

This one I knew, and I bet everything I had on it, winning 6 chips as it paid 3 to 1.

Question 3:" What percentage of the world's population is Muslim?"

Once again, I had no idea, and my guess ended up being the lowest. I sensed that there was a good chance that all guesses were too high, so I split my 6 into 3 and 3, betting on my answer and the "all guesses too high" space that payed 6 to 1. It won 18 chips for me.

Question 4:"What percentage of all US Christmas shopping is done in the week before Christmas?"

Question 5:"How many touchdowns did quarterback Joe Montana have in his NFL career?

I lump these two questions together because the results for me were the same. I bet small amounts because I had no idea what either answer was, and did not want to lose my lead. None of the girls seemed to know the answers either.

Question 6:"The Polar Express was the most expensive animated movie ever made. How big was its budget?"

I didn't know, so I guessed "$87,654,321". It was the largest of the 4 answers. I felt like it would be the winner, so I bet my 8 remaining chips, hoping the payoff at 4 to 1 would give me over 40 chips going into the last round. It did. (With the correct answer bonus I had 43.)

Question 7:"In miles per hour, what is the minimum wind speed of a category 5 hurricane?"

I knew it was in the 150 MPH range, so that's what I wrote. It was once again the largest of the 4 answers. I bet it all.

Final score:

Ruth - 21
Steph - 23
Lynda - 40
Me - 175

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Slovak flag...proud 7/8 Slovak, 1/8 Polish
mbmbmbmbmb
That was a scary final score! I played again today (on a team) and didn't do much better...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.