Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the 7th turn of the first WWII mission. 2 / 2 plt has just entered the third row and occupied the primary objective card (Card #2 - Hill). Potential contact "A" is resolved 4/10: #9 defensive position. Two squads are supposed to be placed on adjacent cards in trenches. The primary objective card in the uppermost right hand card. Only one card is unoccupied by US troops, the card directly to the left.

It doesn't seem realistic that suddenly two enemy squads could appear in trenches on cards that have been occupied and involved in combat for a couple of turns.

Where do I place the German squads? Both on the unoccupied card or in the occupied cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the unoccupied card: you never place enemies together with other US troops than the triggering one (besides in Vietnam).
As for the rationale for units popping up were you already were, I'd say your troops didn't found the trenches and these were occupied by german troops after your troops were there.

BTW are your front cards also occupied by your troops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean "Front Cards"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So then both squads go onto the unoccupied card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Summers
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not sure why you're resolving an "A" in row 3 (it should be "B" unless you're counting staging as row 1).

But I agree w/ Pablo, you cannot place the enemy in an adjacent card if a friendly unit already exists there. You should then do the following:

"If the placement location drawn does not legally allow the enemy unit to target the triggering US unit, redraw for a different placement. Continue drawing until the above requirement is met. If that package cannot legally be placed to comply with this, redraw for a different package. If NO available package could legally comply, then discard the contact entirely."

If by row 3 you mean the last row, you can always extend the cards into row 4 if necessary to provide a legal placement for the enemy.

Edit to add: There are 8 adjacent cards (you may have to add a row), so you should be able to find at least one legal location. But since they are marked with a '/' you cannot place the two enemy units on the same card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I think I've got it.

I didn't realized that other cards could be added to accomodate enemy placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.