Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
boarder
South Korea
Daejon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the official rule book, it is stated that the player can take one incomplete set of pieces of equipment, which are Pits, Mining Rights and Ships.
Does that mean I can take back extra equipment ?

Let me give a example.
In this Purchasing Gems phase, I have Green Pit with 4 Mining Rights and 5 Ships.
It is clear that the ship has 1 extra, while I am taking 4 Green Gems.
Then, Can I take back valued 1 ship tile?
If I can, actually, there is no valued 1 ship tile.

I am still confused with this sentence from the official rule book.
Could anybody help me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule means that you can carry two unused tiles to the next turn. So if you have these tiles after all money placements are complete:

Red Pit
Blue Pit
5 Mining Rights
4 Mining Rights
5 Ships

You can trade in the Red (or Blue) Pit with the 5 Mining RIghts and 5 Ships to get 5 Red (or Blue) gems. You can carry the unused Pit and unused 4 Mining Rights tiles to the next turn, since this is an incomplete set.

You do NOT get "change" from excess Mining RIghts or Ships in a set. If you turn in a Pit, 4 Mining Rights and 5 Ships, you only get 4 gems, the "extra" Ship is lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
ekh_86 wrote:
The rule means that you can carry two unused tiles to the next turn. So if you have these tiles after all money placements are complete:

Red Pit
Blue Pit
5 Mining Rights
4 Mining Rights
5 Ships

You can trade in the Red (or Blue) Pit with the 5 Mining RIghts and 5 Ships to get 5 Red (or Blue) gems. You can carry the unused Pit and unused 4 Mining Rights tiles to the next turn, since this is an incomplete set.

You do NOT get "change" from excess Mining RIghts or Ships in a set. If you turn in a Pit, 4 Mining Rights and 5 Ships, you only get 4 gems, the "extra" Ship is lost.

Yup, you always discard a set of three tiles and only get gems in return. If you have any unused tiles at the end of a turn, you can only keep two of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boarder
South Korea
Daejon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekh_86 wrote:

Red Pit
Blue Pit
5 Mining Rights
4 Mining Rights
5 Ships

Perfect explanation !
Thank you very much, Eddie and Chad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Yup, you always discard a set of three tiles and only get gems in return. If you have any unused tiles at the end of a turn, you can only keep two of them.

However, you can't keep two unused tiles of the same type. For example, you could not keep two unused Ship tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.