WEI-CHENG CHENG
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like small war games like this one. The gameplay is quite interesting with deep thinking.According to the second win condition of the Axis, I think Germans must take Shein (V1) for the first priority since there are four victory areas near this place.

To use the following movement can let German take Shein in the first turn. The combat ratio is 6 to 1 (5+6+6+2=19 / 1) and that will give the 18/IND 2 damage points and other british troop cannot reinforce this area because of the limited movement by German control of zone. The German can easily take this area in the second impulse of the 1st turn and then decide to attack V2 or Alamein according to British movements.

I believe it is a good strategy to break out british defensive boxes at V1 position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WEI-CHENG CHENG
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem right now is how to break out the defensive boxes in the V2 position. The british can have at least one troop reinforcement (7th Infantry below) in V2 postion and make them have the combat strength to 7 in the first turn. It is very difficult for Germans to break out this spot.

The best strategy I thought is to cut off the supply of V2 and that will halve the combat strength of them, even though they have another troop reinforcement (I assumed RECCE or 5th Armor will arrive in the second turn). The combat strength of V2 will become 5 or 6 if you can cut off the 0404 and 0504 successfully.

Thanks for Michael's design of this excellent small war game and I am willing to see any feedback from the strategy I provided.
Fight On!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I'm really impressed, Cheng (I hope that's your first name, if not my apologies). I'd like to say I was thinking this deeply when I played the game myself!

Michael Rinella
Designer, Desert Duel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WEI-CHENG CHENG
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael,

I really enjoyed your game and the quality of AtO magazine.
I thought this is an impressive small war game and deserved to pay more attention.

I would like to try your other games in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.