Popular Tags: [View All]
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game tonight (well half a game-we both made so many poor choices, we decided to quit and consider it a learning game).

1 - How does Carthage get its other generals out? Is there a strategy card that allows you to introduce the other generals?

2 - Can displaced generals be attacked? If so, can he be killed?

3 - I have a CU on an enemy PC. Does it flip automatically, or do you play a strategy card and use a point the same as if you were going to place a PC on an empty space?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Strope
United States
kansas city
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. All of Carthage's generals start the game out. They can be dropped off with CU's at anytime during your movement. Do you mean ROman generals?

2. No, displaced means he is off the board and unless it's Hannibal or Scipio they come back the next turn.

3. You have to spend the influence point to flip it, just as if you were placing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Argh! I missed that Hanno starts in Carthage with 4 CU! I just had him sitting in his box...

2. Where do they come back next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rockhpi wrote:
2. Where do they come back next turn?

At the end of the Carthage reinforcement step, return them to any non-besieged space with friendly units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I found that this is one of those games that it's really useful and wise to sit down and simply re-read the rules after you've played it once, now that you have more context/experience/feel for how it all fits together. You'll see a lot of things like this which are in the rules, but you missed them the first read through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it several times before trying to play and there were several things that only made sense after getting into the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.