Subject: Phase 3: Bonus diamond when all players have 0 money ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alec Clair
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens during phase 3 if all players have 0 money left?

Are they considered tied for max. money and so each of them earn a bonus diamond.

Or no one receive bonus diamond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. The English rules state:

Quote:
1. For the most unused coins:
The player who has the most unused coins in front of him gets one diamond. In the case of tie, all involved players receive one diamond each.

My call would be that no-one gets the diamond, for two possible reasons:
- If the diamond is compensation for the most wasted money in the buying phase, then no-one deserves it. Everyone spent all their money, and got value from it.
- If the rules mentioned the abstract 'money' then all players with zero might be tied for most. But the rules talk about physical coins, and that paragraph seems to exclude any player without any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have no coins, then it's impossible to have unused coins.

No one should get anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Mako
Czech Republic
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I cannot agree and I would really like to hear the opinion of the author ... In my opinion- based on the experience from playing this game - players consider how to keep more money than the others - the diamond is usually worth enough to keep some money, so it is not exactly a "compensation" - and against compensation principle talks also the fact, that only one player gets it - so he is the winner of the diamond. And in real game it really works so - players "fight" for the diamond, so from this point of view it makes no sense to make difference between zero and any other number ...

So my opinion is, that in such situation all players should get the diamond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.