Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
Highlights:

- new Tiger tank minis
- double-sided maps (Russian winter/Operation Market Garden)
- two extra "regular" scenarios
- comes out in May
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks awesome! I keep hearing that song "I want it all" by queen haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfLD-7bCtME

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Market Garden map, but that Tiger - with very small wheels - looks like someone stepped on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario Book: 51 scenarios, 35 tokens, 10 cards: $30
Battle Map 2: 2-sided battle map, 4 total scenarios, 6 Tiger miniatures: $18

As somebody who will rarely, if ever, play the Overlord scenarios the battle-map is way overpriced. Even if I was going to play them regularly I think its overpriced. I talked myself into buying the first one to get the supply Trucks, but I can't keep convincing myself to spend $18 for 6 miniatures and a couple of scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonRMax wrote:
As somebody who will rarely, if ever, play the Overlord scenarios the battle-map is way overpriced. Even if I was going to play them regularly I think its overpriced. I talked myself into buying the first one to get the supply Trucks, but I can't keep convincing myself to spend $18 for 6 miniatures and a couple of scenarios.

That's your decision - and an understandable one. For those of us who play Memoir in convention settings & play Overlord as a 2 player game, this makes perfect sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
And there's always gonna be suckers like me who'll buy it anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or people like me who use the game as a teaching tool and use the pre-printed maps to cut down on the setup time. These maps are perfect for students to play Overlord on because otherwise it would take way too long to get ready! Thanks DoW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good to me. Now if I can just buy all the Battlelore expansions so my fiance will let me start buying Memoir '44 expansions again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonRMax wrote:

6 "PzKw VIa, Tiger I Ausf E" tanks by Perrin: $20.97....

I will get the battle Map
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
gamemark wrote:
Highlights:

- new Tiger tank minis
- double-sided maps (Russian winter/Operation Market Garden)
- two extra "regular" scenarios
- comes out in May

Oww shoot, more to put on my "Need to buy list" for this year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonRMax wrote:

My obstacle to launch me into overlord maps is that they need 2 base games or OO pack to be played so beside the 16 euro i'd need to add 50 or 20 euro. Ok, since I own almost everything of M44 system I could employ jap & german armies on one side and UK & USA armies on the other (...), link together the desert and countryside maps and shuffle the 2 decks I own, but after the game I would need 1 hour to sort out this mess and from an historical/visual point of view it's kinda like weird...

That's why I stick to the Campaign book but I've to admit I'm intrigued to have my copy, so if someone would like to buy me a gift, welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game of axis and allies 3 weeks ago and we used mini poker chips to represent extra units.
So I was wondering if these could be used to replace the need for a second copy of the game.
Even though I have 2 copies, I thought it would be good for thos 4 tank scenarios that dont fit on the hex...

I havent tried this but could be a cheap solution for someone willing to try it
Look at the MINI chips.. $1.99
http://www.unclesgames.com/advanced_search_result.php/keywor...

If you are interested in making quick set up maps I thought about doing preprinted scenarios using print screens, and individual units with mini poker chips underneath

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/39122

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:
I played a game of axis and allies 3 weeks ago and we used mini poker chips to represent extra units.
So I was wondering if these could be used to replace the need for a second copy of the game.
Even though I have 2 copies, I thought it would be good for thos 4 tank scenarios that dont fit on the hex...

I havent tried this but could be a cheap solution for someone willing to try it
Look at the MINI chips.. $1.99
http://www.unclesgames.com/advanced_search_result.php/keywor...

If you are interested in making quick set up maps I thought about doing preprinted scenarios using print screens, and individual units with mini poker chips underneath

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/39122

Charles,
your solution is simple but great! Beside saving money, it has the advantage to fasten even more the set up! 3 chips + 1 figure and... done! mmmm you pushing me to give a try to the battle maps system

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the question now is where to find US, German, Russian, and Japanese military themed poker chips. The obvious answer for the russians is to purchase 118 copies of Memoir '44: Eastern Front...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL too funny! Well each unit consists of 4 figures , so just use one figure on 3 chips. So if you have 1 original game, you essentially have 4 times the original infantry, 3 times the tanks and 2 times the art!
Same goes for each expansion 2.
Just for grins I bought 3 different colors. Even if you dont use them for representing units, I like to use the chips as markers during full scale assualts so I can track ordered units, firing and target markers similar to that in vassal because I get way to side tracked so easily :)
Worst case scenario you could spray a little snow on the eastern front chips and glue sand to the japanese...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Guttag
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:

Actually, given the size of the hexes and pieces in Memoir compared to A&A, you could probably use full size poker chips: one color for the Axis, one color for the Allies.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E K
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tide of iron has 6 tigers so as the rules come out i will have my test. As i come from toi and battle lore feels funny to buy japan and russian army cos they are still the same units as us or ger. As bl has spesialists meno should have the same idea in m44 this is the good way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure you can use chips as in "Axis & Allies", but why not just buy the Overlord box and get the cardboard markers there!! You even get two sets of command card, so I think it's worth the value!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree there. I have the overlord edition and really like them and the cards. They certainly would stack better then the actual figures.

"Hello my name is Charles and I'm a memoir a holic"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter D'Hoogh
Belgium
Wespelaar
Brabant
flag msg tools
Is this new map already available for pre-order, guys???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is good news. I too like the inclusion of both "Overlord" and regular scenarios. The main subjects--Kursk and Market-Garden--also truly invite "Overlord" treatment.

Perhaps the best news of all is that Richard Borg is behind the scenario designs. They will be well-tested and balanced.

One puzzle is the inclusion of only six Tigers, when "heavy tank" units require four tanks to indicate their status.

Possible explanations:

The Tigers are bigger pieces and four would not fit in a hex.

The Tigers come with new Heavy Tank rules (I'd like to see an extra hex of range and "ignore the first hit die rolled whenever firing at Heavy Tanks" rather than just representing heavies with an extra "hit" capacity).

The set includes a counter (similar to the "poker chip" idea above) which is used to mark the first hit on a Tiger unit.

It is indeed good to see this coming. Some months ago someone reported on BGG that they bought the set intended to contain the trucks but it had halftracks instead. It sounds like there's more to come on that gray sprue.

I hope there will be another installment of this kind of expansion before the year is out.

Also still hoping for an Overlord "Tarawa" game (perhaps with Bloody Ridge on the back) with Amtracs--for which gray would be a very good color.

Thank you, DOW for renewed support for "Memoir."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
Thank you, DOW for renewed support for "Memoir."

Renewed?! surprise What are you talking about, renewed.

In the last year we've seen a ton of items come out for Memoir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.