BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southwest

Subject: want to join a game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ralph pulner
United States
California
flag msg tools
I live in Hollywood CA and looking to meet new people and learn some games. Is anyone looking near my area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patiently waiting for the zombie apocalypse...
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard Brad and Angelina might be interested... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dubin
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ralphnpjr wrote:
I live in Hollywood CA and looking to meet new people and learn some games. Is anyone looking near my area?

I found the people at LA Games very gracious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Winterhalter
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I live in Altadena; we've found a great community of boargamers who are very welcoming at Game Empire in Pasadena. I know it's a bit of a hike, but it might be worth it to you.

Every Wednesday evening and all day Sunday, there is open boardgaming. Wander in, express interest in playing a boardgame, and as soon as there are spots available, we'll totally invite you in. If you bring your own games along, you'll usually be able to get players involved in fairly short order.

They also run boardgame tournaments weekly; the current list is here.

Game Empire is a true FLGS; they run several types of weekly tournaments, have friendly staff (who are each knowledgeable about some genre of games, even if it might not be the one you're most interested in) and have a fairly wide variety. They also are willing to order things for you, if you know what you want. Only downside is that they tend to sell at retail. However, you can win store credit in tournament play, so several of the regular tournament winners get their games for almost free at this point.

Good luck to you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
People from all over the world read BGG, so you'll probably have better luck posting in a regional forum (Western US = http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/43/region/1 ) and making a more informative useful subject line for your message (e.g. mentioning "Hollywood CA"). Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronald fraigun
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're in Tujunga which isn't too far, just north of Pasadena and South of Sylmar. We get together about once a month or so to play games in addition to all the game clubs and conventions we go to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.