Popular Tags: [View All]
Efrain Rivera Junior
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't understand how to play this game. Here are some questions:

What would be considered standing next to a player? Does it include diagonal?

To change an action, must the player take the chip only from the friskiness pile? If so, does that mean that player can NOT change their actions if they don't have chips on their Friskiness pile?

Where would the players fatigue pile be located?

In your example:

Alice Threw Bob three squares. Did she have 6 Mettle chips? Where was she and Bob located on the conveyor belt?

The Rules give this example:
* Step 4 (Resolve Actions) begins with Alice resolving her Throw. She’s already next to Bob, and she wins the test of Mettle. Alice successfully Throws Bob three squares, putting him one square away from the edge of the Alligator Pit.
* Bob resolves his action and Rests. Since it’s the beginning of the game, he hasn’t lost any chips (Bob decided to Rest so he wouldn’t become fatigued: see step 7 (Check for Fatigue), below), so he doesn’t get a Pluck chip back.
* Cathleen notices that if she changes her declared action from Biting to Running, she has a chance of pushing Bob one square closer to the edge of the Pit, causing him to fall in when the Conveyor Belt moves (see step 5, below). Cathleen declares that she’s changing her action from Biting to Running. Because she’s changing her action she has to spend a chip, and places a chip from her Friskiness in her Fatigue pile. Cathleen moves next to Bob, beats him in a test of Mettle, and pushes Bob one square closer to the Pit. Next she flips her last two Scamper chips to move two squares up the Conveyor Belt.
* Dave originally intended to push Bob to the edge this turn, but decides to pick on Cathleen instead (Since Dave is only changing the target of his action, he does not pay the one-chip penalty for changing actions.). He moves over to Cathleen. They test Mettle and Cathleen wins. Dave flips a Scamper chip over for attempting to move, leaving him with two unused Scamper chips. Dave decides to move up the belt with his last two Scamper chips and flips them over.

Questions on this:

Where was Cathleen when she decided to run? How many chips did she use?

Can a player change their action to Rest so to get a chip back?

Where was Dave when he decided to pick on Cathleen, and where was she? How did he move, how many chips did he spend and from what pile?

I did NOT understand at all how to resolve the tests.

Is it ALWAYS Mettle against Mettle? I don't get it.

What are the dice for?

Where are the obstacles and how are the used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Efrain,

I've posted answers to your questions in response to your posting on the Invisible City Site:

http://www.invisible-city.com/play/244/

Best Regards,

Jonathan Leistiko
Games Advocate
Invisible City Productions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Efrain Rivera Junior
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Here are a few more questions.

When using Bite or Throw, is the movement free or do you have to turn over a Mettle chip? If so, If you have more Mettle chips, can you move more than one space as long as you have enough Mettle Chips or would that be considered running?

Can you Run and then change your action to Throw as long as you have Chips to spend? Such as Run towards an other player and THEN Throw him.

A player that declares Run as an action, Can he use his free movement and stop or does he have a minimum of movements to spend?

Can I suggest that instead of the Mettle test, players throw one or two 6 sided dice each with a modifier equal of the difference between the Mettle of the players? Example: Bob has 4 Mettle, Alice has 2 Mettle. Bob would throw the dice and add 2 to his throw because he has 2 more Mettle than Alice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Efrain,

I've posted answers to your new questions in response to your new posting on the Invisible City Site:

http://www.invisible-city.com/play/244/

Best Regards,

Jonathan Leistiko
Games Advocate
Invisible City Productions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Efrain Rivera Junior
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Very Helpful!! If I have any further questions I'll let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.