United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For more info on Geek Madness, go to this geeklist:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40843

Power Grid is the returning champ, riding high after last year's Three-peat. There are some hot new "teams" this year, though. Can PG fend them off?

Poll
1. Which of the following 2008 "teams" has the best chance at defeating Power Grid?
Dominion
Stone Age
Pandemic
2. Which of the following 2008 teams would you vote for over Power Grid?
Dominion
Stone Age
Pandemic
Le Havre
Battlestar Galactica
CoH: AtB
3. Agricola is technically a "sophomore team" this year, but was not in wide release during last year's tournament. If it came to a showdown between the 'Gric and the Grid, which one would you vote for?
Agricola.
Power Grid.
4. Do you think Power Grid will emerge as the 2009 Geek Madness Champion?
Yes.
No.
      92 answers
Poll created by JohnRayJr

I did not include Le Havre, BSG, or CoH: AtB in question #2 because they're either already down for the count or barely holding even in round 1 (at time of writing). Personally I think Pandemic and Dominion both have a shot. I think Power Grid would trounce Stone Age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be Dominion if any. I haven't played any of the games listed, although I'm really looking forward to trying Stone Age. Between PG and Agricola, I'd still vote Power Grid, but I think the run is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigtaulefty wrote:
It'll be Dominion if any. I haven't played any of the games listed, although I'm really looking forward to trying Stone Age. Between PG and Agricola, I'd still vote Power Grid, but I think the run is over.

I could see a lot of Dominion fans jumping ship for Power Grid. I can't see it as much for Pandemic fans, though.

Pure speculation is fun, either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see I've inadvertently distorted the results of question 2 by omitting a "none of the above option." Not that it matters much, but...

Poll
Would you vote for Power Grid over every 2008 team?
Yes.
Hell Yes.
      20 answers
Poll created by JohnRayJr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.