Nico Solitander
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's your chance to do good for the community and compete in a photo-competition! And here you don't need to have a degree in art-photography and photoshopping. Quantity above all!

TASK: Upload as many images as you can for games that currently (as of 1:47 pm, 24.3.2009 BGG time) have 0 images uploaded on BGG. Winner is the geek who has uploaded the most until the Good Friday, 10.4.2009 Standard image uploading rules apply, you need to have created the image yourself or have the authorization by the creator to upload it. In principle it has to pass moderation. The winner is the geek who has uploaded has provided most 0 image-games with an image (or several)

PARTICIPATING: Once you have uploaded an image, go to this GEEKLIST and follow the instructions.

PRIZES: The winner will get 75GG (+50% of any tips given) and the runner up 37.5GG (+25% of any tips) - 3rd place will get 15 GG (+10% of any tips), additionally 3 participation prices of 5 (+3.33% of tips). Additionally of course standard uploading fees.

To get you started on finding games without images,
You can do a google search , by doing an advanced search where the site is set as boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/ , and then searching the phrase "No Images Found".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Icehouse and Piecepack games be eligible for this contest? (I ask because I own no other games without pictures.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Solitander
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
Will Icehouse and Piecepack games be eligible for this contest? (I ask because I own no other games without pictures.)

Don't know these games. Care to explain? They seem to have images uploaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Icehouse and Piecepack are both game systems, sorta similar to a deck of cards, where you can play many games with the system. Here are some geeklists listing games on BGG in the system:
Piecepack games that have their own page here at BGG
Icehouse Pyramid Games Sorted by Average Rating

Pictures for these games involve reading the rules to understand a proper in-game-setup, arranging the components and then taking a picture.

If they aren't eligble, that's fine, I understand that position and knew it was debatable, hence I asked the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Solitander
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
Icehouse and Piecepack are both game systems, sorta similar to a deck of cards, where you can play many games with the system. Here are some geeklists listing games on BGG in the system:
Piecepack games that have their own page here at BGG
Icehouse Pyramid Games Sorted by Average Rating

Pictures for these games involve reading the rules to understand a proper in-game-setup, arranging the components and then taking a picture.

If they aren't eligble, that's fine, I understand that position and knew it was debatable, hence I asked the question.

I think it's OK, if we're talking entries like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/35894, which is without images.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Solitander
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI: Through BGGs tips the 1st prize is now 175 GG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Solitander
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump. I am away travelling as of today until Monday, with no Internet access, so I'm postponing the cut-off date until 13.4, 9.00 BGG time.

Also as a heads up for this/next month I'm starting a new photo competition that covers "family of games", "publishers" and "designers" without images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. I finally am the first to upload an image to a game that has none and there is no Geeklist to add it too. Yeah, that's about my luck. At least the game got some love.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/40889

Kraken Fan #69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.