Iván Juan Camps
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Just to make sure...

Is there any place in the Rulebook where it says that when a unit has a Supressed marker if this unit gets another then becomes eliminated.

I re-readed the rules during the last days (to play with [and teach] a friend) and thought I haven't found such at all.

Even in Marker Stacking reads:
8.1.1 Unit markers Each unit in play may have a maximum of one of each of the following markers stacked upon it:

SUPRESSED
VETERAN
WEAPON (any... )
From this I can think that when a unit have a supressed marker it can't receive another or if has one supressed can't receive any veteran marker or the opposed way if it has veteran can't become supressed...

But I don't know at all... I'm confused about it...

Thanks.

Iva.

EDIT: Becomes broken if not already or eliminated if already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
A unit is allowed to be both Veteran and Suppressed, but once it is already Suppressed it may not become Suppressed again. The unit is not eliminated if a second suppression would occur.

Does that answer your question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a variant that allows for the second suppression to result in unit reduction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Ivappanther wrote:
Is there any place in the Rulebook where it says that when a unit has a Supressed marker if this unit gets another then becomes eliminated.

No. If a suppressed unit achieves another suppression result - nothing happens. It just remains suppressed:

Ivappanther wrote:
Each unit in play may have a maximum of one of each of the following markers stacked upon it:

SUPRESSED
VETERAN
WEAPON (any... )

The phrase one of each of the following means that a unit can have:

1 Suppressed marker and
1 Veteran marker and
1 Weapon

assigned to it at the same time. But it may not have 2 of the same type of marker assigned to it. For example, you can't add a second veteran marker to a unit that already has a veteran marker. You can't add a second suppressed marker to a unit that already has a suppressed marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iván Juan Camps
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A unit is allowed to be both Veteran and Suppressed, but once it is already Suppressed it may not become Suppressed again.

Ok, I have it now. The key for this issue being this part of phrase of the rule each of the following (I'm not a native English speaker).

But, really the way I have not played like CC before is the one Badweasel
indicates, having one veteran and one suppressed on one same unit that cancels each other out. I never thought of doing this (and one of the different thoughts and ideas rounding my brain about this [red and green] counters that made me write it in this post).

Thank You.

Iva.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivappanther wrote:
having one veteran and one suppressed on one same unit that cancels each other out.

Not exactly. The suppression marker stops weapons from firing also.

There are some optional rules where a second suppression breaks the unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iván Juan Camps
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Not exactly. The suppression marker stops weapons from firing also.

Ok, that for the 'No' Weapon stat on the upper left corner of the counter. I forgot it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.