Ikusa» Forums » General

Subject: Shogun or Samurai Swords rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick R
msg tools
Ikusa

Hi guys,

I'm just deciding between which boardgame to pick, the original "Shogun" or the newer version "Samurai Swords". I've never played either one, is the older version different from the new one?
And is the older version better quality? Please give me your opinions!
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are exactly the same. I can't vouch for that exactly but I've seen both and could not readily tell the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thron
United States
Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the answer may lie in this current Geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40847
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Bailey
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The older one has this black ninja....and come to think of it...so does the newer one. The older one has....

Oh never mind, they are the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are close to the same, but there are differences. I wrote a detailed list of the changes 4 years ago, and periodically provide a link to that post when people ask this question. Here it is:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/37094#90370
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb

Nick:

Welcome to BGG!

I'm glad you asked this question because it led me to Sphere's excellent comparison list.

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Crowder
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re that list, you mentioned four pages (32-35) of additional content. I'm assuming there's no new rules that were introduced in those four pages?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cecrow wrote:
Re that list, you mentioned four pages (32-35) of additional content. I'm assuming there's no new rules that were introduced in those four pages?

The new content consists of Quick-Start Rules, a summary of Rules to Remember, and a form to record results of completed games. I edited the original post to include that info, so those who have it bookmarked can see everything in one place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Crowder
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great - thanks! (for this, and that oft-referred to post that you're ... uh ... referring to).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.