Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read on the forums that alot of people were wishing someone would upload a video of CC:E. Well this is the first part in a many-parted series I am making that show how exactly the game plays out. Stay tuned as I will upload the other parts as I create them. Enjoy!

Part 2

Part 1 REDUX Note! This version should work in ALL COUNTRIES!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael confoy
United States
ASHBURN
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [YOUTUBE] Combat Commander: Europe - An Overview - Part 1
Hmm, I smell multiple DMCA take downs coming at you. From Warner Brothers for the song and GMT for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already got a message from YouTube concerning the song.
Quote:
Your video, Combat Commander: Europe - An Overview - Part 1, may have audio content from War by Edwin Starr that is owned or licensed by UMG. As a result, your video is blocked everywhere except in these locations: Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Korea, Spain, United Kingdom, United States

What should I do?

No action is required on your part. In some cases ads may appear next to your video. If you want to make your video available globally you can use AudioSwap to replace the audio in your video with a track from our library of pre-licensed songs.
So I guess I'm all set on that front. If GMT wants me to take down the video I will, but as it stands, I think this is good publicity for the game. It will let people see what the actual game is like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Excellent! Looking forward to the next installment. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
A minor point - the open objective in Scenario 2 is that each objective is worth 2 VPs. Not (as you state) that if a player controls all 5 objectives they gain 2 VPs. You will note the German starts with 10 VPs or 2 VPs per objective (as per the objective chit).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stef Pauwels
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samort7 wrote:
I already got a message from YouTube concerning the song.
Quote:
Your video, Combat Commander: Europe - An Overview - Part 1, may have audio content from War by Edwin Starr that is owned or licensed by UMG. As a result, your video is blocked everywhere except in these locations: Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Korea, Spain, United Kingdom, United States

What should I do?

No action is required on your part. In some cases ads may appear next to your video. If you want to make your video available globally you can use AudioSwap to replace the audio in your video with a track from our library of pre-licensed songs.

So I guess I'm all set on that front.

hmmm, typical. Belgium isn't in the list. Silly, I'll have to drive to the Netherlands to enjoy it then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Samort7 wrote:
So I guess I'm all set on that front. If GMT wants me to take down the video I will, but as it stands, I think this is good publicity for the game. It will let people see what the actual game is like.

But... why don't you replace the song as the text suggests? Sweden is one of the countries missing on the list so I have to go to the closest country on the list, Germany, to see the video...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mejer Hansen
Denmark
Horsens
Not applicable
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same situation here in Denmark (although we are a bit closer to Germany)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I nearly fell asleep in the first half of the video.

First, you waste time with the unlicensed song. And you show a blank screen while it plays. If I am on You Tube and I see blank screen for 5 seconds, I am clicking other related videos on the right. Keep any intros short and get into your material quickly.

Second, after showing the obligatory box shot, you show the least interesting part of the game, the stat display--and you wade through every part of it: the surrender levels, the time track, VP level, the objectives, etc.. Get to the interesting parts--the map, the units and (especially) the cards.

When showing the setup, the viewers need to see the big picture--avoid closeups on the units. Where are those American units? Use graphics (like you did for the setup areas.) to show where the objectives actually are on the map, Highlight where each sides units start, so we can see them in comparison to the objectives. Tell a story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok. I will work on doing a re-hashing of part 1 while I work on part 2. I had no idea that there were so many non-USA bretheren on geek! I 'll see what I can do for you guys! I'll also take some of your suggestions into consideration Richard. stay tuned for new updates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy M
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
papahoth wrote:
Hmm, I smell multiple DMCA take downs coming at you...and GMT for the game.

wtf?

GMT MORNING MEETING:

GMT GUY 1: Wow! Some guy just uploaded a video about our game on Youtube!
GMT GUY 2: Jesus Christ! GET ON THE PHONE TO YOUTUBE AND DEMAND IT BE TAKEN DOWN.
GMT GUY 1: But he seems to like it?
GMT GUY 2: Good point. Get onto the BGG and demand they delete all posts about the game too. This is getting out of control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Goss
United States
Buhler
Kansas
flag msg tools
The video is great!
Looking forward to the next episode.

Mark Goss
Est. 1963
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
A minor point - the open objective in Scenario 2 is that each objective is worth 2 VPs. Not (as you state) that if a player controls all 5 objectives they gain 2 VPs. You will note the German starts with 10 VPs or 2 VPs per objective (as per the objective chit).

Thank you for pointing that out by the way! I had no idea I was playing incorrectly all along!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Samort7 wrote:
Thank you for pointing that out by the way! I had no idea I was playing incorrectly all along!

OK...might want to reread 7.3.2 on Objective Chits to make sure you have the other chits correct as well.

The one I see confused quite often is Objective V (All = SD Win). I have seen people understand that as the game instantly ends by sudden death as soon as one player controls all 5 objectives which is incorrect. (The correct meaning is that if a player controls all 5 objectives immediately prior to a sudden death roll then they win.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [YOUTUBE] Combat Commander: Europe - An Overview - Part 1 REDUX
papahoth wrote:
Hmm, I smell multiple DMCA take downs coming at you. From Warner Brothers for the song and GMT for the game.

One valid use of copyrighted material is its use in a review of the material. GMT won't have a problem with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre moll Christiansen
Denmark
Frederiksberg C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome - Just what I need to get into this game (that has been standing on my shelves collecting dust since my first failed attempt to play it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mejer Hansen
Denmark
Horsens
Not applicable
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the new version.
for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent start, but I agree about minimising uneccessary candyfloss. Gamers are only inerested in the game. You have a good video voice though.

Phil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Klaas
Germany
Troisdorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Taylor,

I also look forward to the next parts, that - hopefully ASAP - are to follow.

Really a good idea, especially for new players which are whishing to get something like a handy overview...

Thanx
Mac
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hill
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
philmcd wrote:
Excellent start, but I agree about minimising uneccessary candyfloss. Gamers are only inerested in the game. You have a good video voice though.

Phil.

So you've never heard of Board Games with Scott then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stef Pauwels
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samort7 wrote:
Note! This version should work in ALL COUNTRIES!

Thank you good sir, for thinking of us
I enjoyed it and I'm sure other EuroGeeks will too. Just wish more games came with video instructions now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part 2 has been uploaded. Once Youtube approves it, it should be available for viewing! Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part 2 is truly excellent !

Keep it up, your work is very clearly presented and useful, Taylor.

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartman
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are very nice Taylor. I find myself wanting to watch and find out how the rest of the battle plays out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It looks like a lot of work. Thank you, this is a great learning tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.