Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kendrick Martin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is my belief that every 'Web 2.0/new time/%CURRENT_BUZZWORD%' web application has its place.

MySpace is for meeting people and promoting bands.(ie. If you want to find music nobody has listened to you can search MySpace)

Facebook is for staying in touch with people you already know (ie. That creepy kid from school can now see all your photo's because you friended him on facebook)

Twitter is for when you have a single person/entity that needs to notify a large group of people(ie. Your meetup group could tweet with the next board game night)

Any other use for the above listed sites , including but not limited to spamming, microblogging, and stroking ego's, will be punishable by up to 10 years of being killed and or dismembered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I haven't found a use for MySpace

I've also not found a use for Facebook though I'm (indirectly) active on the latter (indirectly via Twitter) and occasionally check it for updates (iPhone widget).

Twitter I've found markedly useful as a shared data channel both among peers and members of fields I've an interest in (eg venture capital, angel investors, entrepreneurs, startups, odd technology corners etc). While there are a great many of them, the all too many who simply report their ongoing digestion state on Twitter are easily ignored and not followed. More than a few use it for substance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.