Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Shaw
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing EE in real time (rt) for a few months now, but I wouldn't have a clue how to play it in pbem form, with all the decisions that need to be made on either side each phase of each turn. Has anyone done this successfully with, for example, Vassal?

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not EE, but I've been playing AE using Vassal. A bit slow at times, but it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Shaw
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you do all the various die rolls each player makes almost every phase of the turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend using ACTS for the dice rolling and vassal for everything else.

edit: even without acts, there is a dice roller in vassal. I would think EE would work reasonably well by PBEM, since you only need your opponents response for very few parts of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Shaw
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ACTS? Where can I find that?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://acts.warhorsesim.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Shaw
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, works great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Neal
United States
Bakersfield
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have succesfully played a couple games with a friend using an email and phone combination. We email all setups and moves, then call one another and do rolls/breakthroughs over the phone. Naturally, you must use the honor system when rolling the dice, but the system works very well and is fun.

We would usually do about a turn a day or two using this system. It's great because you have plenty of time to consider your purchases and moves and you can really study the game and its progress. Phone calls were usually scheduled, and can get lengthy at times, especially if you start having strategy discussions, or rules debates, but that's also part of the fun!

I imagine you could also use an IM program to play?

Marsh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Shaw
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Skype too.
I guess I'd be willing to try a PBEM game one of these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John P
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
I play it PBEM using Cyberboard - very easy to use system. I have a friend who set up a die roller for PBEM games. He's willing to let people use it (has about 50 users now I think) but I don't want to post web site here so he doesn't get hacked. If interested in PBEM using Cyberboard or in using the die roller for your game PM me.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.