Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
What I'm in the mood for is a large (even huge) war game between two sides that is played via email (or something similer) at the pace of a turn or two a week with team play (i.e. at least 3 or more people on a side). Not really concerned about complexity, length or scope (operational vs. tactical).

I suppose it could use Cyberboard or somethning like that... or maybe use a GM.

Anything like that exist now?

(edit: I suppose this could be moved to the PBEM folder - but what I'm looking for doesn't have to be played via email...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J

Virginia
msg tools
I believe you will be able to find what you are looking for if you go to www.vassalengine.org and look at the modules that are listed, find one that is suitable for 3-on-3 play, and then advertise in the forum on that website for however many opponents you need to fill in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
IrishBouzouki wrote:
I believe you will be able to find what you are looking for if you go to www.vassalengine.org and look at the modules that are listed, find one that is suitable for 3-on-3 play, and then advertise in the forum on that website for however many opponents you need to fill in the game.

Eh, a few years ago I would have gone through the hassle to coordinate all that... these days I don't have the time.

I was just curious if there was already something like that (I was hoping with a better interface) that exists. I guess I pictured in my mind a video game like interface with wargame depth with team play.

Figured it didn't exist but I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no reason you couldn't do this with The Operational Art of War, you'd just have to manually delineate who's responsible for which forces.

ALSO, it's been recently said that the long-awaited PC version of World in Flames will be released shortly by Matrix Games.

That will, naturally, feature excellent PBEM support and almost require team-based play.

Keep an eye out for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Shad wrote:
ALSO, it's been recently said that the long-awaited PC version of World in Flames will be released shortly by Matrix Games.

That will, naturally, feature excellent PBEM support and almost require team-based play.

Keep an eye out for it.

Mmmmmm..... now that is interesting! I will be watching out for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
There is this:

http://www.warplanner.com/whatisit.aspx

and these:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/pbm_list/historical.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.