Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Losing Items and other things rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Quimpo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it always rounded down? If I have only 1 item left, I don't lose it. Seems like that's too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're talking about Unconscious/Insane (Stamina or Sanity go to 0), then it's rounded down. But, you should note that in the base game, if one of the above happens, you now have that stat at 1, meaning you don't have a lot of room to get more Items as you can get knocked out more easily (unless you spend next turn at Hospital/Asylum and pay to get back to max).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Malicki
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought that if you have just one item and then you die and have to loose half of your items rounded down you have to remove that one item you have.

??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Igor1234 wrote:
I thought that if you have just one item and then you die and have to loose half of your items rounded down you have to remove that one item you have.

??

You have 1 item
Lose half -.05
Round Down: -0
Lose 0 items

You still have 1 left
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokke
Belgium
Werchter
optional
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Speaking of which: are spells "items" that you can loose in the way mentioned above?

If so, what about the spells that come "with" the character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Nealley

Ardmore
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that spells do count as items for losing things- might be clarified in the Innsmouth rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
herendil66 wrote:
I think that spells do count as items for losing things- might be clarified in the Innsmouth rules...

Base game rules, I want to say p. 16, with an "Important" notice. End of the Unconscious/Insane in the OW section (AFAIK, at work, can't check).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Pokke wrote:
Speaking of which: are spells "items" that you can loose in the way mentioned above?

If so, what about the spells that come "with" the character?

Yes, Spells are "items" that can be traded or lost. This includes starting spells. There is nothing special about starting items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokke
Belgium
Werchter
optional
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
OK thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.