Popular Tags: [View All]
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a complicated image treatment I figured out tiger tanks rules (the summary card content)...
Have I to upload them or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I may, I'd like to suggest turning this into a game. Participants speculate about just what the "Tiger Tanks" rules are. You tell us if we're getting close.

Eventually someone will figure it out.

Example: my guess:

Tiger Tanks move either zero, one or two hexes (heavy tanks--Slow).

Tiger Tanks fire 4/4/3/3 (88mm gun, Long Range).

Tiger Tanks ignore all Grenades rolled against them (Heavy Armor).

How close did I get: zero right, one right, two right, or three right?

The "game" can go on from here; you can choose, if you like, to clue us as to total special rules--for instance, tell me I'm "Zero for three" or "One for four" or whatever.

In any case I would love to hear just how the Tigers work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
If I may, I'd like to suggest turning this into a game. Participants speculate about just what the "Tiger Tanks" rules are. You tell us if we're getting close.

Eventually someone will figure it out

That is a good idea.

Barry Kendall wrote:
In any case I would love to hear just how the Tigers work.

That is a great idea!!!

Spare us the agony and tell us please. And also tell us how you treated the image...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and here we have the rules

1 figure

Move 0-3 and battle

Enemy re-rolls all battle dice that score a hit

If at least one re-roll is a grenade, [kill or hits]* is confirmed, all other re-rolls are ignored

* not 100% sure, but the meaning is correct....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you get these rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
from the pic of Dow...
Enlarge enlarge enlarge (with the help of a special software ;), and you'll get the info really blurry, but enough clear to understand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
james_bond wrote:
from the pic of Dow...
Enlarge enlarge enlarge (with the help of a special software , and you'll get the info really blurry, but enough clear to understand

Cool. I didn't even see any card that I would have tried to zoom in on. Good eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one figure?? surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One-tank units. Hmm.

This means that the Tigers are not just proper replacements for the M'44 "Heavy Tanks" four-piece units.

This treatment makes sense for the Villers-Bocage scenario with Wittmann's Tiger shooting up several companies of Shermans.

I was hoping for a revision of the "Heavy Tanks" rules as they really don't "feel" like heavy armor apart from lasting a little longer. They don't shoot any further, nor are they harder to score a hit on as they are now.

Perhaps, with six Tigers in the pack, the one-tank-per-hex rule is specific to that one scenario, and there are alternative rules for their employment elsewhere.

Oh well, room to house-rule if necessary. It is nice to see the pieces, anyway. Perhaps someday some nice JS IIs will appear for the Soviets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think this will be the universal rule since there is a specific troops card. 2/6x1/6= 1/18 chance of being hit. Pretty decent... wow I don't think there is any other unit as tough as this one. The only problem is because it has only one figure it might be a bit prone to luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greeek geek wrote:

The only problem is because it has only one figure it might be a bit prone to luck.

It is! At least, that was the problem I saw with the rules. I used them in Seelow Heights for the Soviet JS-II's to try them out. I found that they were very difficult to destroy...unless you get lucky...and then it seems a little anti-climatic.

They are different though and add an interesting dimension to the battle. When you own them, you feel like you can roam at will...when you face them you have a dilemma, do you put your efforts into them, or take out units you know you can kill.

For those with the Campaign Book, try replacing Wittmann's elite unit with a Tiger in Wittman's Final Battle in the Falaise campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good way to put it, Malcolm!

When I've played with the Tiger, it kind of feels like Airplanes in a way because when you have a single Air Check roll you think the plane is safe...after all you have a 5/6 chance of being fine. But when that 1/6 is rolled it feels unfair. The Tiger kind of plays the same way but if you're lucky it can do a whole lot of damage!!

I think they'll be fun to play around more with and I like the idea of putting a Tiger in place of Wittmann's tank!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirek W
Poland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Well, using one Tiger figure for me seems strange. Tiger's units was small but not so small. I'd like to see attack and defence modified, something like:

Attack: treat ONE rolled star as HIT
Defence: May Ignore ONE flag OR one Grenade rolled

it would simulate outstandig cannon quality and heavier armour, also it would take into account that Tiger's crew felt more confident uder heavy armour

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Frahm
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always hated the "lucky-dice-single-die-can-kill-you" critical hit style rules that appeared in Battlelore. It throws the game deep into luck territory. Having your unit die early from a single lucky throw really changes the course of the game. These tigers are used on the Overlord campaign though so I guess the death of a single unit isn't as crucial as the base game. Still I'd rather 2 units - re-rolls kill a unit on grenade OR tank symbol. It would still be the same statistical chance of killing the unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sigurdur Gunnarsson
Iceland
Seltjarnarnes
flag msg tools
I would have liked to see the Tiger done a little differently. Maybe one Tiger figure with two regular tanks to form a Tiger unit,the Tiger taken as the last casualty of course. Then you kind of still follow the standard Memoir44 way of handling damage and casualties. Benefits of the Tiger should include added firepower, 4-4-4 or even added range if it doesn´t move (you have to represent the lethality of the 88mm somehow). Being able to ignore a flag is probably a given and possibly something else to add a bit of extra toughness.
In any case I would like to be able to use Tigers to replace the elite tank units in standard scenarios after 1942, so something about equally efficient as the normal 4-piece elite unit, but with a different flavour (Tiger flavour!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.