England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stan Lee. RIP.
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkness looms as High Lord Margath spreads his evil across the land. Only a small band of hero’s can stop him from dominating the world.

Mordrog and Ronan the Wild both start their heroic journey in Tamalir but soon head off in different directions. Mordrog tries his luck in the southern lands favinf Margath’s minions near Riverwatch and the Mountains of Dispair. Ronan heads north visiting the cities of Forge and Frostgate where he would be joined on his adventures by Sister Celia.

This would not be a happy ever after story and the minions of evil grow stronger and stronger. Both Mordrog and Ronan would face many setbacks, but it would be Ronan that would be the stronger of the two warriors and take on the more powerful foes.

Mordrog would find defeat in the Guardian Hills to the South while Ronan eventually meets his demise north of the Whispering Forest at the claws of Dragonlord Droxer.

So, a better game than my previous attempts. I do like Runebound 2nd ed. But I’m just not very good at it yet. The biggest problem I have is with the dice. While it’s pretty good once you have some more Experience Points getting there is a chore. I ran two heroes and both faced defeat more than twice in the first few turns. And then later in the game each hero spent several turns doing nothing due to all the wrong movement dice coming up.

I played with the rule that Experience was not lost, but it was still tough getting there. Over the first dozen or so rounds my average dice rolling was about 5 on the 2D10, yeah, pretty crappy!

Eventually I did manage to add some Experience and my rolling got better, I was able to equip my heroes and was on a roll.

BAMM!!! Mordrog dies due to very bad dice rolling. With all his kit adding most of his bonus’s he was pretty much out of the game. This left just Ronan the Wild to take the fight to Margath. Alas it would not be. Maybe I went a couple of rounds early, but I got dropped by Dragonlord Droxer on the first Red Card adventure I drew. I figured that would be it for now, really didn’t want to spend all the time building up Ronan again.

I played the game over several days, leaving it set up on my gaming table and just having a few turns every now and then. But what helped with the enjoyment of the game was taking time to note where I was going, the Whispering Forest, Hanging Wood. And I took time to read the cards descriptive text to try and immerse myself in the game world, that was fun. Also I was playing blind as I had not looked at any Red Challenges so had no idea what I would be rolling against. Now I know I might have an easier time next time.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Riggs
United States
Missouri Valley
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice session report it really sucks what happened to ya though better luck next timelaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.