United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quoted from the Games Surplus front page:

03/24/09
GameSurplus.com will be closed from Saturday, March 28th until Monday, April 27th, for a long break. We will ship out all in-stock orders, as well as all possible backorders this week. We understand that this break is much longer than usual and apologize for any inconvenience that it may cause. Thanks for your continued support and patience. As always, Game on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Re: Games Surplus Sabbatical...
I think I single-handedly funded their sabbatical through their two-week Sale-a-Thon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A month long sabbatical? WTF?

Seriously, I don't know if I've ever heard of an online store taking time off like this. Is this a sign of problems at GS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a very long sabbatical. But, who knows what may be happening in their personal lives.

I will be glad to see them back in April.

Heck, this might be a good month for sone downtime with the economy the way it is....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
montag66 wrote:
A month long sabbatical? WTF?

Seriously, I don't know if I've ever heard of an online store taking time off like this. Is this a sign of problems at GS?

Maybe more a sign that they're human, and just need a break.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking that the Gathering followed by Easter break probably has something to do with the timing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Breno K.
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, and I have a pending order with them that has some problems with it (I paid for it through paypal and the most important item of the order turned out to be unavailable)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.