Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
of just how out of touch with popular culture I am. I went to see some bands perform at SXSW. I picked up a handy flyer that told me I would probably like X if I liked Y. The only problem is that I didn't know any of the older bands to which these newer bands were being compared.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with popular culture is that it's neither.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not even 30 yet and I'm already catching myself saying things like "kids these days don't know what real music is!"

Another couple years and I'll be yelling for kids to get off my lawn.

*sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read Sisteray's list of top ten albums, 2008, and I had only ever heard of, say, three of the umpteen bands whose work he espouses as current favorite albums.

Couldn't pick their sound out of a lineup, but I'd at least heard their name. Just three of 'em, or so.

*sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.