Popular Tags: [View All]
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted this player aid for the most "complicated" (in my view) part of the game -- I've used it for personal sessions and had it vetted by Alessandro Crespi at ccancients.net.

www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/40962

Let me know your thoughts and corrections, if any. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, you just want the C&C:A combat steps to look like an ASL sequence of play! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure makes it look complicated...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda in line with the last two responses, I would just caution springing this on new players to the game, as it does make a relatively simple and well flowing game seem rife with unnecessary complications.

On the other hand, good work on creating an exhaustive reference for the combat phase. I've added some suggestions on the file page that you may want to consider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely a great reference sheet Scrub. I second Todd's suggestions on the other page, but overall I'd say job well-done, and thanks for taking the time to do this

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! I will use it for sure, especially if you incorporate Todd's suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW...

I was just ribbin' ya, Scrub. Having played lots of C&C:A I do think the combat sequence is probably simpler than the chart appears. On the other hand, especially for newer players, the covering of details and exceptions is very helpful. (I don't play enough with elephants, for example, to remember all the details when they come up).

Far be it from me to disparage the Scrub's work when he's taught me so much ASL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sword of Gideon
msg tools
mbmbmb
Although it isn't explicitly stated, I suspect the chart as I last saw it leaves newbies with the distinct (and erroneous) impression that Ranged Combat is resolved somehow before Close Combat. You may want to check into that, by perhaps providing a visually loud reminder to the contrary on the chart! Otherwise I'd have to say, that to me, the chart is unintentionally misleading...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, ASL-skillz hardly translates to CCA. I only ever make files/player aids when I don't find something that addresses my needs in the already (usually) copious stuff others have done.

My impetus for the combat sequence was to make something half-way between a simple list and the full, every-choice-possible-Sequence-Of-Combat monstrousity. I hope I succeeded a bit. I'll check the suggestions. To quote Spock, "I have no ego to bruise."

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.