BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: The Unwritten But Now Written Commandments Of Gaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Mingus
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
So I am a long time visitor to this site but I just now registered so I figure what better way to kick off then with this nifty list my friends and I came up with. It mostly applies to video games but further looking shows it can be applied to any games. Well most of them.

1: Thou Shalt Not Tread Farther Than Thine Friend. (Let your buddy get farther before you go and figure out the whole story on the game he owns.)

2:First Buy, First Play (You bought it you get to be the first or in the first play.)

3:Thou Shalt Not Overwrite Thine Friends Game. (Don't save over their file you jerk.)

4:Thou Shalt Not Borrow Longer Than Thine Friend Owned. (Give it back before next year, they just got it yesterday.)

5:Thou Shalt Not MANHANDLE Thine Friends Games (This includes getting food and soot on it as well.)

6:Story is Sacred, Reveal it Not (WHAT SNAKES A CLONE????)

7:First Play Must Suffer The Story Lame Or Not (Don't Skip the Cut Scenes.)

8:Girlfriend/Boyfriend Shall Not Handle With Out Permission (They could break it you never know?)

9: NEVER!!!! Leave Thine Friends Games Out Of The Case. (Clean it up after you are done.)

10:Thou Shalt Not Loan Thine Friends Games. (They lent it to you, not your cousins uncles friend.)

11:Owner Shall Opt To Be First Player (He who owns the system/game gets first choice of player/character/etc.)

12:Thou Shalt Not Trade Thine Friends Games.(You don't own, Don't sell it.)

13:If You Lose Thine Friends Game Thou Shall Pay Equal Or More Of What Thine Friend Payed For Another (If the collectors edition is now $300 you better fork it over.)

14:Thou Shalt Respect Thine Friends And Thous Collectors Edition. (You/your friend payed extra for it so it deserves extra care.)

15:Thou Shall Not Leave Thine Friend Hanging. (Go back and save him forget the treasure.)

16:Thou Shalt Respect Thine Friends Organization (It's Retrograde Alphabetical according to Color and Shape???)

17:Thou Shalt Not Interrupt Thine Friends Gaming Story.(Let them tell it you weren't even there!)

18:Thou Shalt Not Let Thine Friend Buy Garbage. (Sure Barbie horse adventure is great!!!)

19:Thou Shalt Not Be A Fanboy!!! (Do it your own home like the rest of us, your bugging us.)

20: No S.L.A.G.s (See above but add extra caffine and annoying pills)

side note (S.L.A.G. super lame anime girl/guy) I love anime as much as the next guy but please don't ruin bleach for me by arguing that chad and ichigo are a better couple than rukia and kon.

Well thats it friends read and enjoy, or insult, or revere what ever works for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed these. Thanks for posting

Rule 21: Friends don't let friends play games with bad camera angles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mingus
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
LOL that's a great one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Overdose178 wrote:
1: Thou Shalt Not Tread Farther Than Thine Friend. (Let your buddy get farther before you go and figure out the whole story on the game he owns.)

I believe in this rule up until a point...I have a friend who's a chronic non-game-finisher and I tried to be patient, but after he didn't beat Wind Waker for over a year I took matters into my own hands. He and his girlfriend went away on vacation and I helped myself to a Gannon beat down.

Then a couple years later they asked me to house sit for them and feed their cats yet again, only this time he decides to be a smartass and hides Twilight Princess from me. It's been years now and he still hasn't completed that one either...hell, I think he barely made it out of the starting village.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciaran wrote:
Then a couple years later they asked me to house sit for them and feed their cats yet again, only this time he decides to be a smartass and hides Twilight Princess from me.

That's a pretty weird name for a cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
These seem to be based on video games.

Some of these are just totally alien concepts to board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your cousin's uncle's friend could potential be your dad's friend, which might be your neighbor, which could also be the exact friend who lent the game to you. :O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Geosphere wrote:
These seem to be based on video games.

Some of these are just totally alien concepts to board games.

God, you're just so UNHOOPY, Geosphere, I don't know how you live with yourself....!

Don't you know that ALL the cool froods are playing the newest kewl toy, the Atari 2600!!!

I mean, the ET game is the BEST.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mingus
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
You sas that hoop Darlian there a frood who really knows where his towel is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.