Will Schoonover
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The subject line pretty much says it all.

We'll have a mock-up of the final version at GTS in Vegas, if anyone wants to stop by our booth and check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that it is now due in next June. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Castef wrote:
I see that it is now due in next June. Is that correct?

Junish. It depends on the printer, the boats, the trucks . . . lots of variables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Looking forward to picking up a copy of the SJG version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note: The issue below is no longer valid. Please see below this forum post for the explanation:

By the way,

http://www.thoughthammer.com/revolution-the-dutch-revolt-156...

$85.00 list price for a boardgame? This boardgame? What, exactly, makes this game worth $85.00??? (LOL)

This was on my list... but not anymore. And I think I can probably afford it....but I'm not crazy.

What makes Steve Jackson Games believe that this game will sell at this price point? The box art (black box) is phenomenal! But the game art is only so/so, however. Not bad, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cole
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is actually only $39.95. That is a different game with the wrong pic on thoughthammer.

http://www.sjgames.com/revolution/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Proper-Lee
United States
Levittown
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rdbret wrote:
By the way,

http://www.thoughthammer.com/revolution-the-dutch-revolt-156...

$85.00 list price for a boardgame? This boardgame? What, exactly, makes this game worth $85.00??? (LOL)

This was on my list... but not anymore. And I think I can probably afford it....but I'm not crazy.

What makes Steve Jackson Games believe that this game will sell at this price point? The box art (black box) is phenomenal. But the game art is definitely so/so.

Either this is a joke, or you need to check the game's description better since Mayfair probably wouldn't be happy with their products being attributed to another company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is no joke. Looks like a different game printed by Phalanx... but with the SJ link and graphic.

That explains it.

At 39.95, which is much more reasonable, this is potentially back on the list!

NOTE TO SJ Games: You may want to have Thoughthammer get that corrected that for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ad should have shown the artwork for this game: Revolution: The Dutch Revolt 1568-1648
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Proper-Lee
United States
Levittown
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rdbret wrote:
It is no joke. Looks like a different game printed by Phalanx... but with the SJ link and graphic.

Just making sure as the older game by Phalanx (and distributed by Mayfair) is a game I was familiar with and I only saw your link name to know it was the wrong game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdbret wrote:
NOTE TO SJ Games: You may want to have Thoughthammer get that corrected that for you!

I wish we had the time to police the web and correct all mistakes posted about our games, but that's not really a realistic option. We have more work than time as it is.

Thoughthammer's a good site -- I've placed many orders there over the years -- and I'm sure they'll fix this as soon as they can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stegner
United States
Grain Valley
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates as to when we can get our hands on a copy of this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Schoonover
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We ran into a bit of a snag at the factory, but everything is back on track now.

I'm not sure if this delay will change our street date. I'll update this thread when I know more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stegner
United States
Grain Valley
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info... whats your expected street date (baring no delay)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stegner
United States
Grain Valley
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any News? This game is boring a hole in my head! It looks really fun, and I can't wait to spend my hard-earned-cash on it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paradox1995 wrote:
Any News? This game is boring a hole in my head! It looks really fun, and I can't wait to spend my hard-earned-cash on it!

Still at print. We're working through the process, but we want to make sure the end product is high quality which has resulted in a few tweaks during the printing process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paradox1995 wrote:

Update. I approved the final samples yesterday; the game will be on the boat by the end of this month and should be hitting our warehouse the last week of July.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.