Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I like to read novels from authors that write about hypothetical conflicts between USA and CHINA (Clancy, Robinson etc ..) so I'd love to play games that can recreate USA vs CHINA ... doesn't matter if they are strategical, operational or tactical ... any recommendations?

I have 7th fleet but it seems to remember that the two countries are on the same side and the China has only few units ... not sure.

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Houben
Netherlands
Voorburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Roberto,

The only one I know of is Red Dragon Rising: The Coming War With China. It is in Strategy & Tactics magazine. You can usually get it for a reasonable price on eBay.

Noël
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are interested in tactical miniatures wargames, the first incarnation of Battlefield Evolution pitched a number of factions, among them US Army and China People Liberation Army. I don't know much about the current incarnation, Battlefield Evolution: Modern Combat: I was attracted to the game by the prepainted miniatures, no more (still not?) supported by Mongoose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knoel wrote:
Hi Roberto,

The only one I know of is Red Dragon Rising: The Coming War With China. It is in Strategy & Tactics magazine. You can usually get it for a reasonable price on eBay.

Noël

It is exactly what I'm searching for!

After reading your post, and after reading the game comments, I bought the game from another BGG user ... thanks!

Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is about a Chinese invasion of Taiwan, but includes US ground and air forces for intervention. Some interesting rules for information warfare.

Taipei: China Invades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Houben
Netherlands
Voorburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to be of help, have fun with the game!

Noël

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Fleets 2025: East China Sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb

This game features a conflict between China and the Coalition Allies including the USA.

However, the prototype has not been published.

Look me up if you ever plan a trip to Florida! We'll play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldard wrote:
This game is about a Chinese invasion of Taiwan, but includes US ground and air forces for intervention. Some interesting rules for information warfare.

Taipei: China Invades

Good suggestion ... I'm trying to win an Ebay auction of this game after looking at its entry here in BGG based on your advice.

Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.