Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this was a valid play or not. The Terrible Experiment was out getting out of control I went to the Curiosity Shop to buy something to help clear it out. I found "The Flute of the Elder Gods" which (can't remember exactly now) lets you spend (I think) 3 sanity to kill every monster on a space. We wanted the experiment gone so we decided in our favor that if I used it on the Miskatonic U streets that it would kill everything on the card. I'm just wondering what other people think. Was that a fair play of the item?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Quimpo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The monsters aren't on any space. They're on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kookoobah wrote:
The monsters aren't on any space. They're on the card.

Yeah. Our rational for that was "and the card is on the space." I was against it working but rather than stopping play to find a ruling we took it to a table vote. The vote was it was a valid move. I was against allowing it which is why I decided to ask here after the fact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the unlikeliness of happening to have The Flute when The Terrible Experiment is in play, and the overall uselessness of the Flute, I'd say why not allow it.

Thematically, "on the card" isn't really a place to be anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The more I think about it the more I am okay with it. The terrible experiment is a sucky card and the Flute is pretty rare. Thinking back on it it almost adds an epic "Quest for the one item to end the madness!" feel to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not a valid play.

The Flute is awesome.

Flute vs Dunwich Horror.

Yeah, awesome.

-glamsauce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the official FAQ for the first time today. They actually address this very subject in it. Officially it's not valid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.