Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » Rules

Subject: Remove a leader rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wally Thomas
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I attempted to remove a leader from the board before I attacked (to keep my opponent from scoring that color) and could not figure out how to do it. I ended up moving it in a remote corner, which worked for the game I was in, but may not always be an alternative.

How do you remove your own leader from the board? "Position A Leader" command only allows you to move it on the board and not into your storage box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules do allow you to remove a leader from the board completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifur wrote:
How do you remove your own leader from the board? "Position A Leader" command only allows you to move it on the board and not into your storage box.

If you're talking about the BGG online version, a link called "Off" will show up after you select the leader. I think it shows up in the bottom right corner of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifur wrote:
I attempted to remove a leader from the board before I attacked (to keep my opponent from scoring that color) and could not figure out how to do it. I ended up moving it in a remote corner, which worked for the game I was in, but may not always be an alternative.

I would say it's always more to your advantage to simply move the leader than to take it off board unless you have no place to move it to w/out causing an internal conflict
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orangeblood wrote:
If you're talking about the BGG online version, a link called "Off" will show up after you select the leader. I think it shows up in the bottom right corner of the board.

This is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Thomas
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Found it. Thanks. I knew I could do it, but did not see the "Off" on the board itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Bifur wrote:

I would say it's always more to your advantage to simply move the leader than to take it off board unless you have no place to move it to w/out causing an internal conflict

Yes since moving a leader off then back on will (eventually) require two moves as compared to one to simply reposition the leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Thomas
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I have tried it twice since I posted this. The first time worked as it should, the second time I received the error "Invalid Action. Space is not Empty" My Farmer is in the tray, but that should not effect me taking off.

I am in a two player game and anywhere I move my Priest on the board, my opponent scores red that he desperately needs off of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

There are certainly places you could place a leader where the only effect it will have is allowing an opponent to gain additional points as he forces that leader off the board. It's certainly possible that all available sites for the leader that don't cause an internal conflict are of that type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.