Popular Tags: [View All]
Bert Pike
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Today I introduced Citadels to the guys at work. I explained the rules to 3 people but only one played (the others said they had work they needed to get back to). I don't know if that was true or not. They seemed some what interested so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
So that left me and Phil. Phil is typically the only one that plays when I bring games in once a week. He and I have played Carcassonne on numerous occasions.

The Highlights:
The game took less than 30 minutes and we played until the 7th district was built for a shorter game.
The game started with the crown marker in Phil's possession. It changed hands 3 times.
During the course of the game I stole from Phil (Merchant) once for 2 gold. And he stole from me (King) once for 1 gold. (Not what you'd call a treasure.)
There were several unsuccessful thefts and assassinations. No one was assassinated successfully.
I played the Magician once and swapped my 2 cards for Phil's hand of 3 cards.

The End:
I triggered the end of the game by building a 7th district and built an 8th by the end of the round.
Phil was also able to build 7 that round, with an 8th in his second turn.
At the end I had no purple districts built. Through the whole game I never even had a purple in my hand. I've never had that happen.
Phil built all 5 colors with some notable purples; The Graveyard, The Library, and The School of Magic.

The Score:
Me - 26 points in districts +4 bonus = 30 points
Phil - 27 pts in districts + 3 bonus + 2 bonus = 32 points

I really hope some of the others join us next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I had a Phil at work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would they let me hang out at your work, just to play cool games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Pike
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be great if you all could join us for lunch-games. But of course my boss might have something to say about it. yuk

It would certainly make playing 3-5 players game easier with more than just 2 people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.