Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
Hi there,

GMT has made several complete sets of CCA by using the spareparts they still had left in their warehouse. It does not have the regular box, but just a plain box and costs $55 instead of the normal $65. I talked about this in, ehrm, some other thread and they now added it to GMT's site and it can be ordered from here: http://www.gmtgames.com/p-275-commands-colors-ancients-white...

Tony Curtis has been so kind as to hold a copy for me for a few months until I can finally spend some more money on boardgames, which I think shows the great service GMT provides!

So, for all the people looking for a copy, be quick!!

Alysa

PS. Adding shipping to the costs (slow: 4-8 weeks) to the EU it will cost you about 55/56 euros which is a lot cheaper than buying them elsewhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
Hi there,

GMT has made several complete sets of CCA by using the spareparts they still had left in their warehouse. It does not have the regular box, but just a plain box and costs $55 instead of the normal $65. I talked about this in, ehrm, some other thread and they now added it to GMT's site and it can be ordered from here: http://www.gmtgames.com/p-275-commands-colors-ancients-white...

Tony Curtis has been so kind as to hold a copy for me for a few months until I can finally spend some more money on boardgames, which I think shows the great service GMT provides!

So, for all the people looking for a copy, be quick!!

Alysa

PS. Adding shipping to the costs (slow: 4-8 weeks) to the EU it will cost you about 55/56 euros which is a lot cheaper than buying them elsewhere

You beat me to it... Nice find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! That's great! Glad you got a copy lined up!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:

Please do tell - how do you manage to get shipping to take that long? AFAIK, the US has stopped sending by sea so everything comes by air these days (5 to 10 days).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fwiw, when I started accumulating games beyond the first and also started using the plastic trays to hold armies, I ended up consolidating several boxes worth of stuff into a larger bin... That way I could "take everything" someplace without carrying 2 or 3 (or more) big boxes.

Which means having a white box instead of the printed one is little detriment at all if you like the system and plan to move forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
gamesbook wrote:
Aenea wrote:

Please do tell - how do you manage to get shipping to take that long? AFAIK, the US has stopped sending by sea so everything comes by air these days (5 to 10 days).

Well, I just took the info from http://www.gmtgames.com/GMTShippingTable.htm

Tbh. I think I might change it to the $37 shipping option instead of the $20, so I have it faster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
kduke wrote:
Fwiw, when I started accumulating games beyond the first and also started using the plastic trays to hold armies, I ended up consolidating several boxes worth of stuff into a larger bin... That way I could "take everything" someplace without carrying 2 or 3 (or more) big boxes.

Which means having a white box instead of the printed one is little detriment at all if you like the system and plan to move forward.

I don't really mind having a white box version indeed, but have to admit, I also do like to see my stacks of game boxes and 1 white one might stick out... But eh, I already decided to solve that by making my own nice looking box which has to be able to support the 5 expansions as well

And yeah, I'm the type of person who might not use that original boxes anymore, but am certainly not going to throw them away! Like with Battlelore for example I put almost all expansions in the main box. But I still like to keep the empty expansion boxes in plain view! Heck, I even saved the plastic inserts that came with all of them, you never know when it might come in handy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Erhm, some other thread ....." Made me laugh. Glad to see you (Aenea) continue to be active on BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

Second this, I just got my tacklebox all set up, and once I get it organized, I imagine having white boxes would be easier, because I love the boxes so much I have to keep them visible on my shelf laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
gamesbook wrote:
Aenea wrote:

Well, I just took the info from http://www.gmtgames.com/GMTShippingTable.htm

Tbh. I think I might change it to the $37 shipping option instead of the $20, so I have it faster

Hmmm. You're right. I wonder who GMT is using for this? All the other on-line stores seem to only offer USPS, who no longer ship by sea e.g.
http://www.boardsandbits.com/international_orders.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.