Subject: GameFest '09 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We're getting a head start on planning for GameFest '09 here in Christchurch! The dates have been set - November 12 to November 15 - and we have opted to return to the same place we booked last year in Hanmer Springs. If numbers warrant, we have a second place available for overflow accommodation.

Going on last year's budget, the cost will be $35 to $40 per person per night, including basic food, snacks, and BBQ stuff. Bring your own booze. You can stay all three nights, two nights, or just one, but please make sure if you're wanting to attend to let me know your plans are.

Last year a bunch of use travelled up in a convoy of a van and a couple of cars. Arranging a ride is your own responsibility, and a donation for gas to the drive his strongly suggested. If you are stuck for a ride, let me know, and I will try and set you up with a driver.

If you are a facebook user, we have set up an event here:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=63687396506

The facebook event is the official register of interest and attendance. If you require an invite to the event, please PM me here or on facebook.

Thanks,
Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brice
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I've been counting down to GamesFest '09 in Hanmer Springs, and so with 80 days to go, it's time to start confirming numbers and making budgets! The weekend kicks off on THURSDAY 12 NOVEMBER, when the first wagon train rolls out of Christchurch, and winds up on the afternoon of SUNDAY 15 NOVEMBER.

Since we have two houses this year, one free of charge, it's going to be even more affordable than in previous years if we can get sufficient numbers.

If you have indicated you're MAYBE ATTENDING, please confirm by October 12 whether you'll make it or not.

Thanks,
Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I did last year I tried to keep a list of the games getting played over the weekend. Contrary to last year I also mad a list of games other people were playing. The geeklist I was intending to create is going to be later than expected though, other things are taking longer to catch up on than expected. And there are a few other distractions (like going out tonight to game more).

However, as a teaser for that geeklist (which should include some details of how some of the games went in addition to the players involved) I'm providing a list of the games that I know were played.

Thursday (after arriving mid-afternoon)
Vikings, Endeavor, Princes of Florence, Apples to Apples (2 games), Lost Cities: The Board Game, Alhambra, Galaxy Trucker, Le Havre, Roll Through the Ages, Caylus

Friday
Tantrix, Chinatown (2 games), Jamaica, Agricola (Family version), Wits & Wagers (x2), Dominion, Apples to Apples, Blue Moon City, I'm the Boss, Small World, Power Grid, Endeavor (2 games), El Grande, Werewolf

Saturday
Tantrix, Galaxy Trucker, Snow Tails, Die Macher, Mall of Horror, Imperial, Endeavor, Roll Through the Ages, Through the Ages (2 games), Ticket to Ride: Nordic, Taj Mahal, Werewolf, Chinatown

Sunday (before leaving mid-afternoon)
Tantrix, Pandemic

Thursdays plays are now up here Gamesfest 2009 in Hanmer Springs and the rest probably will be up later tonight. I have other writing to do first.
Gamesfest 2009 in Hanmer Springs has been completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a whole heap of Endeavor. Frankly I'm not surprised, it is taking about half the plays on my table right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunt
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
citylife wrote:
Sounds like a whole heap of Endeavor. Frankly I'm not surprised, it is taking about half the plays on my table right now.

That was my first impression of the games lpayed list, too. Having finally got a proper game in on the weekend, I can see why. Now I don't know if I want to sell it or to buy it for myself! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.