Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a werewolf hero move to the victim's space before attacking, or are fight dice rolled leaving the werewolf hero and his victim in their original spaces even if that means attacking from half a board away?

I've got bad vision so maybe I missed something in the rules. In general, there is an implication that to fight you must be in the same space as the character/creature that you are attacking.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find an official answer either way, but I think you stay in the same space.

This is how I picture it thematically: The hero phase is the "day". When you finish your turn, your hero sets up camp for the night. The mystery phase is the "night" during which time you turn into a werewolf and go off munching. You wake up in the morning back at your camp ready for the new day.

That's how I play it anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Carbon Copy, you are probably right, but it's the only example in the game of a fight where characters aren't in the same space. In fact, in every other example I could find (some events, Showdowns, etc.), characters actually teleport to the location of the fight. Which gave rise to the question.

I love the game, but some poorly written cards and a somewhat incomplete rulebook really bring the game to a stop occasionally, which damages the immersive experience of the game by inserting rules discussions which bring play to a screeching halt.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CC is correct.Jason answered this somewhere else I beleive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.