Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone out there have real knowledge of how Greater East Asia War will match up against War of the Suns?

Other than being 1/5th the price? and out sooner?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Co
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Differences?

War of the Suns covers the war from 1937-1945 and has more scenarios and is different than other english published wargames on the Second Sino Japanese war in that it draws on Chinese, Japanese and Western historical records. Also sheds new light on the war not found in other games.

Greater East Asia war centers on the war from 1941-1945 in a easier less detailed format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any comparisons to Vinegar Joe's War (S&T #227)?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
Any comparisons to Vinegar Joe's War (S&T #227)?

Thanks.

Just got GEAW, will try to remember to post comparison to VJW when I have a chance to play it.

I remember thinking there were some issues with the air actions in VJW when I played it, there is probably errata by now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Beg To Differ
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GEAW vs WTF
While we're at comparisons: does anyone know how it compares to When Tigers Fight which appeared in Command Magazine #26? It seems quite similar in scope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
abreiten wrote:
While we're at comparisons: does anyone know how it compares to When Tigers Fight which appeared in Command Magazine #26? It seems quite similar in scope.

When Tigers fight only looked at the 1944 offensives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.