Juan Francisco Cano Elgarresta
Spain
Madrid
spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fantasy movie
Very typical, the queen of england is brilliant, the english pirates good and sympathetic men, but the spanish king is idiot, crazy, bad, etc. I don´t understand why the spanish are the bad guys in all movies of this period. When England is an empire in nineteen century, they are the good guys.
The reasons of the spanish armada are political and economical: to finish the english piracy and eliminate the english support to the dutch rebels, and in lesser way the execution of Mary I of Scotland (catholic). Other reasons like the religion have few influence. But in the movie Phillip II is a religious fanatic.
In summary ahistorical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
victor lozano
Spain
Mataro
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish that the game is much more faithful to the history that not this commercial film. shake

The problem is that people see a film as this and thinks that is certain history. A good historical film would have to avoid to present good and bad sides like, and to show that each side was right its objectives and right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Francisco Cano Elgarresta
Spain
Madrid
spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Henri 4
I think this movie could be interesting, the germans in general make good history movies, Lutero for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.