Mystery of the Abbey» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Game 8 - more newbies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to get a regular crew together so that we can develop better skills but each time I get different people.

This time it was Jo for her second game, Nicky for her third or fourth and me for my 8th and joined by Neil and Kate for their first game.

Again this meant the questions were usually - have you eliminated x as a suspect?

The event card for the first round was the plainsong one. It wore thin for the first round card and didn't give the game the right flavour for the new players (well I didn't think so). There was one dissenter which didn't help.

As there were five of us we only got to the third round, JUST. 3rd round second turn and Nicky got Brother Berenger! I believe the reason is the questions were so blatant that every turn you eliminated a suspect.
I'm toying with next time banning the question 'have you eliminated x?' It's not so much deduction as elimination.

I made three revelations - only one was correct, I have no idea whether one of the incorrect ones was bad record keeping, getting an incorrect answer from someone OR the score pad markings (we're reusing the forms) confusing me. One was an educated guess and was wrong and the correct one was a sure bet. So that was zero points to me. There were no other revelations and Nicky won with 4 to nil. I was trying to follow the idea of when you know it's too late. But I was going too soon this time.

Again we agreed no questions in the Capitulum.

We played using the invaluable guide from someone here
viz
Quote:
I usually play with the rule that an answer must be able to be one of the following, or the question is invalid:

* a number
* yes/no
* a single characteristic
* A player's name
* "I don't know/remember"

I am hoping next time NO NEWBIES. I've introduced this game to 14 players now so it has to be possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.