Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's been over 20 years now since I left high school. You kind of realize how long life is when you look back at things that seemed absurdly important at the time and now you think, "Shit, if I'd had it all to do over again." Now I wouldn't change everything but there are a few things I'd have done different.

High School was a joke... why didn't I grind a bit more and take a few scholarships?

Guys,... we were really asshats then... desperate to be manly yet not a clue as to how to go about it. Our mentors were the guys who'd gone before... yeah, the blind leading the blind. Getting laid does not make you a rocket scientist on how to really win a girl over. The mistakes I made then granted... they led me to the woman I love now... but I wonder if some of my actions then would have hurt others less if I really knew what my actions would result in today.

I don't know about you... but I'd have believed in myself more. I undervalued 'me' so much sometimes because I didn't know any better... if someone asks you what you're worth... reach for the stars. The only thing you'll gain with lowballing yourself is regret when you look at your paycheque and think about all the shit you had to take to get it.

Ok, I'm kinda looking at this and thinking that I'm whinging maybe... so the last thing for this thread... the guy who made my life a living hell for a couple of years... I'd have taken a pop at him even if he did wipe the mat with me... it always bugged me that I backed down and tried to do the reasonable adult thing. Higher roads are sad when you look back and there is no sense of advancement from it. Next time... well I'm not really fooling anyone... but next time I'll vividly imagine how I tuned some yutz up for raining on my families day while keeping us all safe and sound.

that's it... thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.