Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Wozenilek
United States
Blue Ash
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Steel Driver is a very good game. It has one issue: the paper money.

I played it twice with paper money. Once as the banker and once not. As the banker it was very difficult to keep up with all the payouts each round and especially at the end when you payout all the shares.

Similary, in my second game, my fellow player was also overwhelmed by all the money payouts.

Since the money serves no purpose - you can't spend it - except to keep score, I devised a Score Sheet. This is available for download in the file section.

In our third game we used this score sheet and the difference was night and day. the game went much quicker and was less hectic. also, there was more confidence in the scoring - when you pay out all that paper money people are not sure if someone is getting too much or too little by accident due to the pure quantity.

Thus, the score sheet clears up the paper money problem as it makes the game more enjoyable and less hectic.

try it out.

Matthew

PS - since it is a paper score sheet it still counts as "wood". You can use a pencil to score and keep the "wood" promise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or use poker chips.

Much better, even though they're clay, not wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.