Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm tinkering with my playtest deck and figure I'll try an easy game. I'm playing at Easy level which means you only need $2500 dollars to win the game. With the levels of Platinum and Gems that seem to crop up I shouldn't have a problem right? Oh and as well... I have a shovel and a candle for equipage.

Mine Card #1: Hazard: Claim Jumper
Right off the bat I hit the Claim Jumper. He'll take your minerals if you have them and if not he steals your equipment. Bye bye equipment. So he leaves and I spy x2 nuggets of gold and scoop them up.

Back to the top for fresh equipment.

Mine Card #1 to Mine Card #2
Well I took that candle again cause it's cheap. Well Mine Card #2's hazard was Gas Pocket. Gas and Candle equals BOOM. Easy level doesn't destroy equipment when explosions or cave-ins occur... but it does strip you of your mineral wealth so bye bye gold.

Mine Card #2 to Mine Card #3
Gust of Wind is the hazard... and it blows out the candle. When digging in the dark it costs you twice the normal cost... fortunately there was nothing for me to scoop up.

Back to the top to re-equip.

Back to Mine Card #3 and then to Mine Card #4.
Wow, no hazard and I found x1 Platinum

Mine Card #4 to #5
Gust of wind blows out my damned candle. Before I leave I stop to scoop up x1 Gold. Back to the top.

I'm down to around $150 dollars. The smart thing to do would be to trade in some minerals and restock cash. The smart thing that is... I'm afraid of Claim Jumpers. So back down I go.

Mine Card #5 to Mine Card #6
#6 is a Granite Wall and I don't have a pickaxe or dynamite to work my way through. So back to #5 I go.

Mine Card #5 to Mine Card #7
See... I knew keeping my extremely valuable Platinum and Gold would be a great idea... Claimjumper... he takes those minerals and leaves me with a wave. And also leaves me with x1 Gem.

Mine Card #7 to Mine Card #8
Ok, here is where my game just went right to the crapper. Cave-in with a 5x6 grid change for the mine field. That means that all my cards that had hazards dealt with were reshuffled back into the mine deck and new cards dealt out to replace them. I'm screwed. I'm running low on cash and you only have to hit a negative $250 to lose the game.

Mine Card #8 to Mine Card #9
Gust of wind... bye bye candle. x1 gold but -$50

Mine Card #9 to Mine Card #10
Granite Wall... back to #9

Mine Card #9 to Mine Card #11
Sandstone Wall... break through with shovel
Find a Platinum and spend $100. I'm now 4 cards away from the elevator. And I'm at -$50 dollars. Only another $150 for a buffer.

Mine Card #11 to Mine Card #12
Claim Jumper... he's been following me. I'm now without minerals. Nothing to pick up.

Mine Card #12 to Mine Card #13
Gee, it's a granite wall... back to #12.

Mine Card #12 to Mine Card #14
Cave-in... with a 4x5 grid to replace... all my work again is smooshed. I'm ashamed to admit but I gave up. Working in the dark at double the price means I'll run out of cash before I make it to the surface... this Miner will be working for the company for a long, long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.