Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the 1965 edition, then bought the 1971 edition when it came out. I compared the games space by space, card by card, and determined that they were identical except for text. I now own a 1976 edition (open but unplayed), which appears to be the same as 1971 except for colors. The decks are complete and match my memory of the card distribution. So for those who care about such things, here is an inventory of the cards:

Experience (28 cards)
8 May move 1 square
8 May move 2 squares
6 May move 3 squares
6 May move 4 squares

Opportunity (28 cards)
3 Ecology...meet normal requirements
3 College...meet normal requirements
3 Big Business...meet normal requirements
2 Teaching...meet normal requirements
1 Teaching...SPECIAL...Double all Happiness earned during tenure...meet normal requirments
2 Politics...meet normal requirements
1 Politics...SPECIAL...because of your great charisma all expense paid
2 Arts...meet normal requirements
1 Arts...SPECIAL...because of your great talent all expense paid
2 Holiday in Hawaii
2 Sports...meet normal requirements
1 Sports...SPECIAL...because of your great skill as a mountain climber all expense paid
2 Space Program...meet normal requirements
1 Space Program...SPECIAL...because of your great skill as a space walker all expense paid
2 GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY...Occupation of your choice...meet normal requirements

In the earlier edition, Teaching was Go to Sea, and the text was something like "Special Opportunity to Go to Sea on the four masted schooner American Beauty. Double all happiness earned on cruise." Politics was Law, and I think the special opportunity was for skill as a debater. Arts? Dancing or something. Sports was Uranium mining, and the mountain climber text was kept intact. Space program was Rocket to the Moon, and it was skill as a navigator.

And for those who want to know if it's complete:

10 $50s (purple)
16 $100s (blue)
10 $500s (green)
30 $1,000s (yellow)
12 $5,000s (orange)
20 $10,000s (red)
1 stiff card

And the score sheets are in a pad of 60.

Note: In 1879, the game was changed to remove two tracks, so the Opportunity card deck must have changed. TTBOMK, the card distribution above is correct for all pre-1979 editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony P
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you, this was invaluable when I received my second hand copy today. I appear to be missing my special opportunity card for go to sea though unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cameron
United States
Collingdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having checked my older editions today, I can confirm that the Experience & Opportunity card distribution is the same as posted above.

"Holiday in Hawaii" was "Florida Vacation" in the first few editions.
"Arts" was "Hollywood"
"Ecology" was "Farming"

And the text on the "Go to Sea" special opportunity does double all happiness,, but one must meet normal requirememnts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.